Trivia quiz . . . difficult?

PhonoBrainer

I made a trivia quiz video . . . my original music is in the background . . . Would love any comments on the flow, the pace, the tunes, the questions and answers, the readibility, and really just how you liked it or didn't.

I'm up for notes and refinement - thanks!

Edited by PhonoBrainer
  • Like 2

• PhonoBrainer changed the title to Trivia quiz . . . difficult?

As someone who plays in a trivia game at a local Kava bar every other week, I can tell you that very few people will be getting most of those questions!  But, that's not a bad thing.  However...

Five seconds is WAAAAY too short to ponder an answer that's not obvious!  In the games I play in they take a lot longer so you can discuss with your teammates (if you have any), then they give a 30 seconds left notice.  That's not needed here, but I'd try 20 seconds which should give people time to try and figure out the answer.  Otherwise, they're just waiting to be told the answer.

Oh, and as for the answer part...  Same issue!  Since most people will have gotten the answer wrong they'll be interested in learning something new.  On a couple, I didn't even finish reading the full answer before it was gone.

Although extending those areas would give us more time to listen to your background music (which I really liked by the way), I'd suggest maybe going with 10 or 15 questions to keep the overall video length down.  Once you have a steady group of subscribers they WILL enjoy longer videos, but you need to work up to it.

One thing about YouBoob is that you will get FAR more exposure with ten, one-minute videos than with a single ten minute video.  It's very stupid, but so is YouTube!  One way you could work the algorithm would be to create shorts of your longer video.  These are one minute max and could feature one sample question with a call to action to watch the full video. 

Fewer questions will allow you to make more videos from the ones you've prepared and will leave your viewers wanting more.

Overall, I think it's very well produced!

That's my feedback! 😎

• Thanks 1

I did get a smile out of the Danny Elfman question!  I used to work with Danny's neighbor and best friend (who had to commute from Malibu down to Irvine!).  When he told Danny that Oingo Boingo was my favorite band all through high-school, Danny gave him tickets to the vaunted Halloween gig (held in Irvine!) to give to me.  I sat right up front next to his wife and kid and was able to take the hot girl I worked with that we all called Alice (from Alice in Wonderland) to the show.  Fun time!!!

• Like 1

Good job, I love it.

And I feel like a complete moron, although I already knew that my fields of interest were rather limited, so there were more chances of me knowing about the Vitruvian Man, Plato and words like Crepuscule than the highest paid athlete or the festival of colors in India.

Craig mentioned the time aspect, and I must say that even in cases where I knew the answer, I barely had the time to retrieve the information, and sometimes not at all.

That being said, I have an old brain (51), cluttered with tons of useless information - and it seems to rely more and more on the fact that data can be stored on a computer and recalled will, so it's getting lazy.

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, craigb said:

That's my feedback! 😎

That was seriously awesome of you to give those notes!!! Exactly what I'm needing at this point. 

The timing issue is probably the most critical for the viewer, and I know I can slide things around a skosh. But sadly, its also true there will never be  a Q - A timing that works perfectly for all viewers.

I did survey a lot of other quiz-type channels and, as you recommend, most of them are offering 20 or 30 seconds inside a question! I guess I'm picking another lane here, we're in, we're out, you know it or you don't,  and we're moving on to the next one. We'll see what affect that has on video viewer retention 🤪

Super idea about the shorts ! All of your comments are much appreciated!!!

Edited by PhonoBrainer
  • Like 1