Update: Moog - Moogerfooger Effects 1.2.0 / iLok no longer needed

Frank

So I found that I had backed up the previous 1.0.7 versions and installed them in place of the new ones.

When you load up the (old) plugin in the DAW, you get notified of an upgrade being available but can still continue using the old version.

Old version works through iLok.

So hold onto those old versions if you want to keep using iLok.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I had read this post first🥲

Installed the update 1.2 - none of the plug ins would load after installation, with an error notice of not installed properly.

Thought download might have corrupted, so went back to the Moog site and saw there was an update to 1.22

Downloaded this, installed - that didn't work either.

So I uninstalled all the plug ins, reloaded 1.07

Now all back working again, although you do get the notice when you open them, that there is an update available - I would not load that update

Nigel

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

Wish I had read this post first🥲

Installed the update 1.2 - none of the plug ins would load after installation, with an error notice of not installed properly.

Thought download might have corrupted, so went back to the Moog site and saw there was an update to 1.22

Downloaded this, installed - that didn't work either.

So I uninstalled all the plug ins, reloaded 1.07

Now all back working again, although you do get the notice when you open them, that there is an update available - I would not load that update

Nigel

Thanks for confirming my suspicion... I was fortunate that being recently burned, I was not ready to chance something working fine for potential problems and avoided the update.

Happily still working but for how long until they stop paying the license fee for the iLok version???

4 hours ago, Keni said:

Happily still working but for how long until they stop paying the license fee for the iLok version???

Is that even an issue? 
Last I checked I've got iLok plugins working from companies that died years ago.
Could just be that company no longer has access to new iLok registration codes.  
Details would be in the developers iLok licensing agreement but I have neither the desire or patience to dig it up and read it.  

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Is that even an issue? 
Last I checked I've got iLok plugins working from companies that died years ago.
Could just be that company no longer has access to new iLok registration codes.  
Details would be in the developers iLok licensing agreement but I have neither the desire or patience to dig it up and read it.  

That sounds fine by me! I plan on leaving it until it  (or I) dies! 😉

So I guess that's a benefit of the iLok... It maintains the license beyond the manufacturer once in place... Good to know (believe?)

5 minutes ago, kinen_papico said:

I was not planning on updating to 1.2. But, when I bought Mariana, it was tied to the hardware, so it became pointless to cling to the iLok, so I gave up and went for 1.2.

Here's hoping that one day soon, someone will come up with better means of handling these issues. The current paradigm is a mess!

• Like 1