Chevy Holiday Ads

mettelus

I didn't even realize these existed, but saw a news article today that made me look this first one up. One reporter said they often get 30 or 60 second commercial snippets during the holidays, but tend to get more views from people digging for the full shorts. Apparently Chevy teamed up with the Alzheimer's Association this year, and it is rather impressive... even more so since they don't make anything deliberate regarding the vehicle, more the nostalgic triggers from it. Very, very well done.

After I found that one, there were references to another from 2021 that I had never seen either (sheesh). I am not sure where they were running the snippets, but I actually had to go digging to find this one. I recognized the car right away because my dad used to drive us kids around in one 40 years ago (had to find the video by looking for the car!).

Never underestimate the power of nostalgia and its effect on people. There have been other videos posted over the years on the triggers that help with memory (music being a huge one), but I found that first video to be on the mark as a "commercial" for the holidays.

• Like 2