Midi Drum Piano Roll - odd behavior sometimes.

HOOK

It's strange, indeed.  I always keep the docker open on one screen where I usually toggle between the prv and console.  Every time I double click the midi data on the prv it brings up the drum prv with the big gap.  If I just click on the tab in the docker...no big gap.

So check it out...I just re-attached the docker to the main app and recorded a little drum piece.  Double clicked on the midi data and there was no big gap.  So then I dislodged the docker again and took it to the second screen to maximize it.  Saved the workspace again...and now the problem is gone....lol.

And I just opened another project that had that problem...gone there too.

That's some silly stuff.

19 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

as a quick test - this happens in all projects? only this one? or only new ones since an update?

It has been going on for a while - in all projects - and I've just been ignoring it.  But I finally decided to ask if anyone had ever seen it.  It didn't stop me from working...just was a head scratcher.  Still is.  Seems something was corrupted in that workspace, I guess.

Edited by HOOK

11 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I wonder if the blank areas are simply notes that haven't got a corresponding entry in the drum map?

Might be worth sliding open the PRV, and seeing if there's any extra notes unaccounted for.

I suppose it's worth a look.  But it's odd that these "stray notes" wouldn't be there if I open the drum prv by clicking on the folder in the docker - but as soon as I double click on a midi track in the clips pane.  And now that I've re-saved that workspace the problem stopped.

I'll still take a look this afternoon.