Tempo or Bpm?

Johnny Penk

Is there an easy way to increase or decrease the tempo or Bpm in Bandlab?  Say if I have the tempo at 85 bpm and I want to increase it, is there a way to do the entire project with audio and midi all at once with multiple tracks? . In Reaper you just change the tempo and the entire project changes with no degeneration of audio. In Bandlab it doesn’t work. They should look into this as it’s helpful to be able to change the tempo to whatever you want it to be after the project been recorded. They should add this in an up coming update. The way it is now, you can’t do it with multiple tracks of audio and midi 

Exactly. I will rough in a song and from that I will have midi bass, drums and keyboards  along with the rough vocals and guitar.  If I don’t like the original tempo then I delete the audio try a new tempo and re record the vocals and guitars.  In other words don’t waist time on the audio until you are dead sure of tempo. There’s no real good way to speed up audio. But having midi as the foundation of the backing track makes it easier to develop a song. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

CbB has the same Elastique Pro stretching algorithms available in Reaper plus some others. The difference is that stretching is not enabled by default.

To enable it:

- Ctrl+A to select everything.

- Expand the Audiosnap section on the Clip Properties tab of the Track Inspector.

- Check the Enable box.

- Change Follow Options to Auto stretch.

- Check the Follow Proj Tempo box.

- Change the tempo; if the tempo is not constant, use the Tempo Offset function in the context menu of the Tempo Track.

- You can change Online/Offline Render algorithms if desired; different ones can be specified per clip/track by selecting individual clips/tracks.

• Like 1