Slate VSX Platinum $100 off

cclarry

On 11/29/2023 at 9:54 PM, Barrie said:

You could have said "NO!" and saved me money 🙂

Haha. Yep.

But I wouldn't tell you to do anything I'm not going to do as well. Which is buy these here this week while they're on sale! :)

Just finalizing a few other purchases before clicking buy on these bad boys on the 1st when the sale ends.

Looking forward to hear how you like 'em.

9 minutes ago, Rational said:

Haha. Yep.

But I wouldn't tell you to do anything I'm not going to do as well. Which is buy these here this week while they're on sale! :)

Just finalizing a few other purchases before clicking buy on these bad boys on the 1st when the sale ends.

Looking forward to hear how you like 'em.

Thanks for your advice. It may be a little while until I get them.

I found that at Musicians Friend you can get $30 in rewards points, saving a bit more. but they are backordered.

(Musicians Friend noted in case someone else hasn't bought them yet)

On 12/1/2023 at 12:17 AM, Barrie said:

Thanks for your advice. It may be a little while until I get them.

I found that at Musicians Friend you can get $30 in rewards points, saving a bit more. but they are backordered.

(Musicians Friend noted in case someone else hasn't bought them yet)

I grabbed 'em yesterday from Sweetwater when then had a few more come in. Had 4 left when I ordered last night. Gone today.

So keep an eye out from retailers and grab 'em when they have some stock.

I've heard only incredible reviews on these. Well there were like three bad ones by owners questioning if they had a bad pair and others asking if they plugged the cable in all the way. lol

For anyone that didn't jump yet... 

B&H has them for $399 with a $50 off with a coupon in the cart.. making them $349. If you bought recently, maybe your vendor would price match. (Musician's Friend just did)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1789902-REG/steven_slate_audio_yk_907_headp_vsx2_pe_kit_vsx_modeling_headphones_platinum.html

Edited: Seems the $50 is in the form of a $50 eGift Card for B&H (not an issue if you purchase from them regularly)

Edited by Barrie

So I got these about a week ago. Here's some feedback.

Please keep in mind I'm known around these parts (and everywhere else) to dislike most things and not being afraid of publicly stating as much. Also keep in mind that, before reading up on how much effort Steven Slate has been and is putting into this, I basically regarded him as a cash grabbing fraud who puts out rushed, uninspiring products and focuses on marketing more than quality (boy, was I wrong. The guy and his entire team are putting their heart and soul into this.)

Ready? I don't think you are.

I've only done 4 and a half mixes with VSX so far, so obviously, I need a lot more time with the headphones and software, but I can already very confidently say this: this is, to me, the one magic thing that changes everything I've always been looking for. After just a week, it is already definitely, without the slightest doubt, BY FAR the best music related product I've ever purchased. Do keep in mind that I basically own every plugin under the moon, including ridiculously expensive "holy grail" ones (hi Ziad).

Using just VSX with a few different rooms and speakers and regularly switching to reference tracks, I can suddenly hear everything clearly and in detail, I can hear what's wrong with a track or mix and know what to do because it is SCREAMING at me. I can suddenly, quite honestly almost magically, make EQ, compression and reverb/delay related choices with ease and confidence and it actually sounds right and translates to other devices afterwards.

If you research this product, you will find almost exclusively overwhelmingly positive feedback (like >99%), and that is, for once, because it ACTUALLY IS just that good.

I would pay almost any amount of money for this. I would trade all of my plugins for it and mix with stock effects if I had to. And my mixes would still be better than ever. $399 and especially $349 (see post above) is a R I D I C U L O U S bargain for this. If you do any mixing at all, do yourself a favour and buy it immediately, no matter how much doubt you have or how much you believe that "you can't mix on headphones". Because you really can. And you WILL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Please keep in mind I'm known around these parts (and everywhere else) to dislike most things and not being afraid of publicly stating as much. Also keep in mind that, before reading up on how much effort Steven Slate has been and is putting into this, I basically regarded him as a cash grabbing fraud who puts out rushed, uninspiring products and focuses on marketing more than quality (boy, was I wrong. The guy and his entire team are putting their heart and soul into this.)

I've only done 4 and a half mixes with VSX so far, so obviously, I need a lot more time with the headphones and software, but I can already very confidently say this: this is, to me, the one magic thing that changes everything I've always been looking for. After just a week, it is already definitely, without the slightest doubt, BY FAR the best music related product I've ever purchased. Do keep in mind that I basically own every plugin under the moon, including ridiculously expensive "holy grail" ones (hi Ziad).

Using just VSX with a few different rooms and speakers and regularly switching to reference tracks, I can suddenly hear everything clearly and in detail, I can hear what's wrong with a track or mix and know what to do because it is SCREAMING at me. I can suddenly, quite honestly almost magically, make EQ, compression and reverb/delay related choices with ease and confidence and it actually sounds right and translates to other devices afterwards.

If you research this product, you will find almost exclusively overwhelmingly positive feedback (like >99%), and that is, for once, because it ACTUALLY IS just that good.

I would pay almost any amount of money for this. I would trade all of my plugins for it and mix with stock effects if I had to. And my mixes would still be better than ever. $399 and especially $349 (see post above) is a R I D I C U L O U S bargain for this. If you do any mixing at all, do yourself a favour and buy it immediately, no matter how much doubt you have or how much you believe that "you can't mix on headphones". Because you really can. And you WILL.

Thank you for this.. and also for Steven Slate for hacking your account and put out this post! (Just kidding, you’re very convincing)

• Haha 5

Forgot to say: if you think you’re set because you're using Can Opener, Sonarworks, Realphones, Sienna, Morphit or anything else like that, trust me, you're not. I have tried them all and used Realphones for over 2 years with 3 different pairs of higher end headphones. VSX is worlds apart. All of the above are cute little speaker simulators. VSX sounds and feels literally like being in the rooms.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jngnz said:

Excellent write up. Thank you. I'm looking forward to receiving mine.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I ignored this thread because I wasn't in the market for a product like VSX (or so I thought), so I didn't read all the posts until last night.  Can't get over the nearly unanimous feedback.  Just bought on JRR for $266 using code "ANALOG" with the added bonus of free shipping and no tax.  Plus, the upgrade to Platinum is half off right now on the Steven Slate site.  Thanks @jngnz for the excellent write up and for passing along your thoughts.  That put me over the fence almost immediately.  Really looking forward to seeing what these cans can do.

• Like 3

On 12/8/2023 at 7:57 AM, jngnz said:

Do keep in mind that I basically own every plugin under the moon, including ridiculously expensive "holy grail" ones (hi Ziad).

Nice to know there is a new king in town.

I yield to the gentleman above,