Sonokinetic Black Friday Begins

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to Sonokinetic Black Friday Begins

For me, the counter (with the label "Time Left Until The November Deal Ends") looks like it started counting down from 5 days around the time Larry posted.

Hard to say whether this is the only November discount, but it may be, just as a taster for future goodies.

I really like the demos and that's a compelling sale price. But I'll be candid. While Soniokinetic makes very high-quality sample libraries --  and I own a number of them -- I sometimes find their user interfaces are unnecessarily complicated to the point that I've deleted a couple of their libraries only due to that fact. Perhaps I've been spoiled from straightforward user interfaces and working with user experience and usability experts in my professional life (cue a troll to mock me for sharing that). By comparison, if you look at e-instruments user interfaces, they allow the user to delve deep into controlling their libraries and make meaningful edits with ease. I wish Soniokinetic could make some progress in that area. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Subscribe to the Newsletter by Dec 4th and Get a €12 Discount Coupon*

The coupon will be added to your account before the 12 Days of Christmas Sale goes live.
The coupon will be valid during the 12 Days of Christmas Sale only.
The coupon discount can be stacked with 12 Days of Christmas Sale discounts.
Subscribe to the newsletter using your Sonokinetic account email address.

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I really like the demos and that's a compelling sale price. But I'll be candid. While Soniokinetic makes very high-quality sample libraries --  and I own a number of them -- I sometimes find their user interfaces are unnecessarily complicated to the point that I've deleted a couple of their libraries only due to that fact. Perhaps I've been spoiled from straightforward user interfaces and working with user experience and usability experts in my professional life (cue a troll to mock me for sharing that). By comparison, if you look at e-instruments user interfaces, they allow the user to delve deep into controlling their libraries and make meaningful edits with ease. I wish Soniokinetic could make some progress in that area. 

I agree about Sonokinetic's interfaces, for the most part. I like their libraries, and I've developed ways to make good use of them (for a while I found them fun to play around with but it took a while to figure how to fit them into my template and workflow).

But their interfaces drive me nuts. I sometimes think they emphasize style over intuitiveness and ease of use, and it irritates me. Making orchestral music is hard enough without having to decipher the interface along the way. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 1