SSL X-Comp for $19.99

cclarry

3 minutes ago, jngnz said:

It's an average sounding compressor IMO. If you have any even remotely respectable arsenal of compressors you can skip this.

Thanks!

I have Waves Audio SSL G-Master Buss Compressor.  Liked it enough to consider maybe getting a Solid State Logic's version of thier own stuff?? Or am I perceiving this wrong?

I hate iZotope Ozone Standard making it's strip only for plugins and if you want to use any of them as separate plugins you got to buy advance, otherwise, Ozone has a compressor.  I am trying to get away from iZotope due to them having "levels" of plugins, instead of just making the same plugin for everyone.

I have HorNet HA2A which I was amazed how good it sounds.  I use it too.

I will save my $20 for something I need!

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Thanks!

I have Waves Audio SSL G-Master Buss Compressor.  Liked it enough to consider maybe getting a Solid State Logic's version of thier own stuff?? Or am I perceiving this wrong?

I hate iZotope Ozone Standard making it's strip only for plugins and if you want to use any of them as separate plugins you got to buy advance, otherwise, Ozone has a compressor.  I am trying to get away from iZotope due to them having "levels" of plugins, instead of just making the same plugin for everyone.

I have HorNet HA2A which I was amazed how good it sounds.  I use it too.

I will save my $20 for something I need!

Thanks!

You'll be fine. Add some freeware. TDR stuff. Klanghelm stuff. That’s all pretty much anyone ever needs. But we're hopeless addicts.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, psionx said:

If I  remember well I bought it for $12 @ Thomann. It has an interesting eq section where you can focus the compression in a selected band. I woud wait  for a better offer or save for SSL essentials offer.

Ahhh... I've got Waves Audio Studio Rack that lets me turn any plugin into both parallel processing and multi-band selection.

With Melda Production free plugins, I can use Waves Audio Studio Rack to make them multi-band which defeats the purpose of thier MB line of plugins.  The free plugins bundle is much cheaper than thier MB counter parts too, $27 during the black Friday sale.

• Great Idea 1