Waveform Pro 50% off

satya

3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Since UAD did shaft their customer which the whole bundle "blunder," I dont trust promises of "special upgrade deals for existing customers" anymore.

Didn’t follow the whole situation, do you mind a quick summary?

It’s good. I use it sometimes just for a change. I prefer Cakewalk but that’s mainly because I’m so used to it.

Melodyne integration in Cakewalk is a lot easier to use, but Waveform is easier in the sense that everything flows left to right and everything needed is on one page.

• Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, JT3Jon said:

Didn’t follow the whole situation, do you mind a quick summary?

I'm gonna give you one example you can look at:

UAD has a bundle they call "UAD Signature Edition." It costs 300 bucks and comes with 34 plugins, their brand new Sound City Studios plugins is one of them. However, this bundle was announced shortly after a lot of people bought those plugins separately at sales prices, only to be hit with this magic bundle that gives you all of them for pennies on a dime, really. And this is considering just the Sound City Studios plugin by itself costs the price of the bundle I just mentioned.

Also, they promised they would upgrade every Apollo and hardware based existing customer with native plugins for free. Shortly after that, they removed this statement from every single place they made it and started selling them normally and essentially giving the same discounts a new user would get or doing the IK strategy of giving new customers better deals.

7 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I'm gonna give you one example you can look at...

Before that, they had Creative Bundle with fewer plugins. At first, they didn't offer any kind of an upgrade path from Creative to Signature.

Then they edited past messages on the forum where the customer reps were promising or saying various things that weren't true anymore.

They also claimed that singular plugin purchases didn't affect the price of Creative Bundle, when in reality, they did.

Then there was a Signature Upgrade that was supposed to require that you own another bundle, but you didn't need to own anything (thus people could get the  whole bundle for 150 bucks.)

Basically there's been a better deal every week all the while the messaging was putting an emphasis on spiel like "last chance" etc.

Edited by Kirean

6 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Then there was a Signature Upgrade that was supposed to require that you own another bundle, but you didn't need to own anything (thus people could get the  whole bundle for 150 bucks.)

I think the most offending example of that currently is the fact Sound City Studios by itself costs the same as the UAD Signature Bundle which comes with it and other 33 plugins.