" Old Tennessee " -Final Final Mix -

mark skinner

@bjornpdx @Miguel Carzola and @Leadfoot. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and commenting. Thanks !

After taking a break from this and not listening to it , I found it pretty easy to do a final clean up of the pause and tempo change. I think it's as good as it will get. I'm calling it done and moving on. I  Thank You All  for your help.         mark

Overall one of the best listens I had all week and I’m listening to not just this stuff but everything. 
Yes that dang pause. You do realize you could experiment with the timing of it buy taking this master and put it a fresh new project and with ripple edit on removing a tiny bit of the silence. Just hit undo and keep experimenting with different amounts until you like it. 
I have a feeling if it was an amount equal to the timing of the first part as a 1/4 note? Right now it just seems a bit to long and is not really musical so to speak. Otherwise ignore me because everything else is 1st class. 

Hey John , actually the pause around :49 is the "start" of the tempo change. So the pause is using the faster 80 bpm instead of the slower 68 bpm before it. Probably 4 quarter notes with the metronome. Maybe backing it up 1 or 2 quarters would make it flow better. I could easily split a "full" stereo mix and slide it around to see where it sounds best. Edit the project afterwards ,  if it works ...   I agree it doesn't sound that musical.       mark

• Like 1

I think it’s worth the effort because the song is otherwise perfect. Just that one tiny flaw. 
Another  idea I would be inclined to try would be to not end abruptly but sustained so that there is no silence. Like just one guitar chord. 
Or a quiet voice counting 2-3-4 

• Great Idea 1

• mark skinner changed the title to " Old Tennessee " -Final Final Mix -

Hi Mark, excellent song and vox, really like the acoustic guitar tone and playing, what guitar did you use ? Guitar solo should be longer ! 😉

I would insert a little pause after you sing "for me" and then pick up the tempo, anyway very well done.

Rik

• Like 1