Free Soundtoys Little Plate

augustenz

6 hours ago, augustenz said:

Hmm, just took a look and indeed those checkboxes will not stay checked, but it seems that the newsletter is being delivered anyway. There was no recent newsletter though, at least not about this giveaway, the last newsletter I got was on the 19th of October, about a podcast.

Thanks for your reply.
I see that the checkbox being unchecked is a specification.
That helps because I have been wondering for some time if I had forgotten to set up the newsletter subscription when I registered my account.🙂
I will give it a while to see how it works.

• Like 1

Though it doesn't appear to be in freezes/exports, while listening/working on a project with Little Plate in it, I get periodic (not equally times) "chirps"

Does anyone else get this?

...just now thinking. Maybe increase latency? Maybe it's a result of that? I'll see...

No one else is experiencing the chirps?

They are like what is heard in a demo version that beeps periodically so that it's essentially unusable but allowing a demo.... But this isn't supposed to be a demo?

I like the sound of it, but...

I keep going back to the Arturia EMT 140 (which isn't bad either but I prefer the Little Plate in this particular situation) to get away from the annoyance. I'm wondering if it will persist when a mixdown is executed? <sigh>...

11 minutes ago, Keni said:

No one else is experiencing the chirps?

They are like what is heard in a demo version that beeps periodically so that it's essentially unusable but allowing a demo.... But this isn't supposed to be a demo?

I like the sound of it, but...

I keep going back to the Arturia EMT 140 (which isn't bad either but I prefer the Little Plate in this particular situation) to get away from the annoyance. I'm wondering if it will persist when a mixdown is executed? <sigh>...

So it was not the latency after all?

I just opened a project and put it on a channel, left it playing for the whole length and there were no artifacts etc., it worked normally.

I am on Windows 10, using Cubase Pro 12.

Did you activate the license on the computer using iLok?

14 hours ago, Keni said:

Though it doesn't appear to be in freezes/exports, while listening/working on a project with Little Plate in it, I get periodic (not equally times) "chirps"

Does anyone else get this?

I wonder if you just experienced same issues from this thread:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, augustenz said:

So it was not the latency after all?

I just opened a project and put it on a channel, left it playing for the whole length and there were no artifacts etc., it worked normally.

I am on Windows 10, using Cubase Pro 12.

Did you activate the license on the computer using iLok?

Yup. It claims activated.

win10 CbB here

57 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I wonder if you just experienced same issues from this thread:

I guess it could be as the chirps do create a bit of a bump.

I'll check fir the download. I don’t know which I have.

Ahh... I just installed the current download and voila! Chirp gone!

Thanks. That solved it. My previous version was from 2017!

Oops! Spoke too soon... Still chirping!

Edited by Keni

40 minutes ago, Keni said:

Yup. It claims activated.

win10 CbB here

Hmm, weird indeed.

How about the audio interface? Is the driver up to date?

What ASIO driver are you using?

Maybe Asio4All, KoordASIO or the Cubase Generic Low Latency ASIO driver solves the issue?

Another thing that has happened to me, Arturia instruments and plugins would not work at all in Cubase with my interface's ASIO driver (which is outdated and there are no updates available as it is old), but would work with Asio4All and the others.

What I found, through trial and error, was that anything below 100ms latency would work ok with my interface's ASIO driver, but equal to or above 100ms - no sound/processing. The crazy thing is that it only affected the Arturia products. Everything else had no such problem with the latency, which made it even weirder and harder to troubleshoot.

So maybe trying a different driver or a different latency may solve the problem.

Edited by augustenz

52 minutes ago, chris.r said:

You could try installing these betas from the thread I posted.

I must have missed this. I only saw the soundtoys downloads list which I used and still get the chirping... I also just deactivated it on this machine, re-installled and activated, but I still get the chirping...

I don't have this issue with Little Radiator...

Hmm, weird indeed.

How about the audio interface? Is the driver up to date?

What ASIO driver are you using?

Maybe Asio4All, KoordASIO or the Cubase Generic Low Latency ASIO driver solves the issue?

Another thing that has happened to me, Arturia instruments and plugins would not work at all in Cubase with my interface's ASIO driver (which is outdated and there are no updates available as it is old), but would work with Asio4All and the others.

What I found, through trial and error, was that anything below 100ms latency would work ok with my interface's ASIO driver, but equal to or above 100ms - no sound/processing. The crazy thing is that it only affected the Arturia products. Everything else had no such problem with the latency, which made it even weirder and harder to troubleshoot.

So maybe trying a different driver or a different latency may solve the problem.

All other plugins are working fine including Little Radiator so I don’t think it's "driver related"

As to latency? I’ve only tried two settings. My fastest 128 and 256. I rarely operate outside of this.

64 is mostly useless but I’ll try that as well as longer latency of 512/1024. I did find such solved crashing of Amplitube 5 which crashes longer than 512....

18 minutes ago, Keni said:

All other plugins are working fine including Little Radiator so I don’t think it's "driver related"

As to latency? I’ve only tried two settings. My fastest 128 and 256. I rarely operate outside of this.

64 is mostly useless but I’ll try that as well as longer latency of 512/1024. I did find such solved crashing of Amplitube 5 which crashes longer than 512....

Yep, but as I have mentioned, sometimes certain plugins may behave differently compared to others, so even though it may seem that everything is ok, as everything else is working fine and this is the only plugin that is misbehaving, does not rule out that it may be a latency or driver compatibility issue with that specific plugin.

Also sorry for suggesting Cubase's ASIO driver, didn't realize that CbB stands for Cakewalk by Bandlab (thought it was some version of Cubase)!

But Asio4all would be worth a try: https://asio4all.org/2-15/

or KoordASIO: https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/koordasio-universal-driver/XP9CSS6NZBDV21

I just read the thread @chris.r posted and it seems that it is happening to others too, so it may be a common issue with CbB and this plugin. One user stated that unchecking the VST3 Migration boxes solved it, another that downgrading to the version 5.4 solved it.

Another thing to try, even though it is not really a solution, is to try the plugin with a different DAW (on the same system) - if the problem goes away, then it is most probably some incompatibility between CbB and this plugin.

Edited by augustenz

Yep, but as I have mentioned, sometimes certain plugins may behave differently compared to others, so even though it may seem that everything is ok, as everything else is working fine and this is the only plugin that is misbehaving, does not rule out that it may be a latency or driver compatibility issue with that specific plugin.

Also sorry for suggesting Cubase's ASIO driver, didn't realize that CbB stands for Cakewalk by Bandlab (thought it was some version of Cubase)!

But Asio4all would be worth a try: https://asio4all.org/2-15/

or KoordASIO: https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/koordasio-universal-driver/XP9CSS6NZBDV21

I just read the thread @chris.r posted and it seems that it is happening to others too, so it may be a common issue with CbB and this plugin. One user stated that unchecking the VST3 Migration boxes solved it, another that downgrading to the version 5.4 solved it.

Another thing to try, even though it is not really a solution, is to try the plugin with a different DAW (on the same system) - if the problem goes away, then it is most probably some incompatibility between CbB and this plugin.

OK...

I understand as I've run into these issues before with other things...

Further investigation has yielded some results though... Latency...

I ran at 64/128/256/512/1024/2048 with all other tracks archived.

Apparently...

No difference between 64/128 with very few chirps each

256 gave fewer chirps as did 512 and 1024. I didn't bother trying 2048

I also ran tests with my other tracks unarchived thereby loading down the system with more demands to see the results and as expected, it progressively increases the chirping, but at 1024 I am able to run the whole project live with what seems no chirping.

So it's gonna be a git difficult to use but I have workarounds when needed. I will likely keep both this and the Arturia 140 loaded. Use the Arturia while working and switch to longer latency and the Little Plate when ready to export a mix..... At least for this song. They are both quite good, but different so which I will use in the future will depend.........

Thanks for sticking with me on this, I can't say I feel good about it, but I feel better having uncovered the issue for now...

Oh, and I can't really switch drivers. In order to have the 18 i/o system I must be running the Presonus driver....

I use an old Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL

Edited by Keni
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...