To everyone with loading issue.

Will.

I've just found an improvement myside. Although I was well within a reasonable quick loading speed process, im loading double the speed on project load without being connected to the internet. I was connected up until 10mins ago of creating this topic  

So to everyone with the slow project load claim issue, try disabling from your wifi and check your DAW startup load and project load. My startup is almost instant and project load takes about 4seconds from the previous 9seconds project load before. 

Edited by Will.
  • Like 2

and esp if you don't have A/V exceptions for the CW (and any related apps and folder) as the latest MS defender is not only trying to "cloud protect" you but also then uploading to the Internet while scanning all kinds of possible "signatures" which eat the disk IO alive. by adding exceptions to CW, Melodyne, and other apps and tools, even with the network on, my load times are very fast - 2 second for CW to load and about 5-10 seconds for most projects (unless i have a lot of Kontakt instruments to load, then 20-30 seconds for 5-8 instruments and about 6gb of their content).

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When people say “without being connected to the internet”, are they really meaning “without being connected via WIFI“?

I am “connected to the internet” 24/7/365 via ethernet and never had an issue with project load speeds (or anything else for that matter)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

and esp if you don't have A/V exceptions for the CW (and any related apps and folder) as the latest MS defender is not only trying to "cloud protect" you but also then uploading to the Internet while scanning all kinds of possible "signatures" which eat the disk IO alive. by adding exceptions to CW, Melodyne, and other apps and tools, even with the network on, my load times are very fast - 2 second for CW to load and about 5-10 seconds for most projects (unless i have a lot of Kontakt instruments to load, then 20-30 seconds for 5-8 instruments and about 6gb of their content).

Where do you put these exceptions? 

7 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

Where do you put these exceptions? 

Google says (excerpt from Microsoft):

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions. Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Promidi said:

When people say “without being connected to the internet”, are they really meaning “without being connected via WIFI“?

I am “connected to the internet” 24/7/365 via ethernet and never had an issue with project load speeds (or anything else for that matter)

I dont have the issue, but I did discover that it loads little faster than normal. I'm also connected 24/7/365 days a cycle to the net. That is why this was so apparant from the start. 

Edited by Will.

Wifi definitely has more interrupts going on than Ethernet simply because of the way it works in terms of using multiple sets of connections to establish speed. one downside to using "airplane mode" to turn off Wifi is any apps that use the internet (A/V, OneDrive, Drive, Box, spy-ware, etc) almost all of them keep trying to communicate or at the very least "test" the connection -- so if you're going to turn off your Wifi, also pause or quit those apps as well (or boot into a "clean" profile).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

Wifi definitely has more interrupts going on than Ethernet simply because of the way it works in terms of using multiple sets of connections to establish speed. one downside to using "airplane mode" to turn off Wifi is any apps that use the internet (A/V, OneDrive, Drive, Box, spy-ware, etc) almost all of them keep trying to communicate or at the very least "test" the connection -- so if you're going to turn off your Wifi, also pause or quit those apps as well (or boot into a "clean" profile).

Theres nothing on my system other than my two DAWS and AV. Microsoft Defender is permanently disabled. With the other DAW, im working remotely online with clients on the  DAWs own cloud. Its easier to get projects back and forth in seconds without leaving the DAW. Im connected again. Like ive said earlier, projects loads myside are reasonably quick. 8-10seconds at most. 

Edited by Will.