It Begins (BF Sampleson bundle deal at PB)

Zolton

I've just seen my first "straight-face" Black Friday deal of 2023 (i.e., one that doesn't hedge with "early" or "sneak peek" or "insansely premature"):

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/58-Instrument-Bundles/11485-Sampleson-Black-Friday-Bundle-Exclusive-

I guess that's it, then. Plugin Black Friday season started this year around 9pm local time on October 29th. (If not before.)

Strap in until early January. The tsunami approaches.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Kirean said:

So what's on people's shopping lists?

Some expansions from UVI. 
Also looking at Arturia, EastWest, Embertone, Heavyocity, Kilohearts, OrangeTreeSamples, Reason, Spitfire, Virharmonic, Wavesfactory and Zynaptiq. 

38 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Some expansions from UVI. 
Also looking at Arturia, EastWest, Embertone, Heavyocity, Kilohearts, OrangeTreeSamples, Reason, Spitfire, Virharmonic, Wavesfactory and Zynaptiq. 

Fleer, you talking  2-3K, someone had a payrise this year 🤣

• Haha 1

Guess I should have thrown in my own lookouts as well.

I hope EastWest's Forgotten Planet goes below the 130-159 it's been at thus far.

Maybe Best Service's Dark Era.

Hopefully Strezov Sampling will have something nice at ~60+% but not holding my breath.

Was also hoping for Sonible's smart bundle for ~100 bucks, but since they'll release the new de-esser just about now, that's probably a no go as well.

Wouldn't mind some surprise glitches on webstores for unexpected, awesome deals...

Edited by Kirean

I'm looking for a great dry solo cello that sounds great, is intuitively scripted and enjoyable to play in real time.  Sonixinema is at the top of my list. Otherwise,  I might be open to a great deal for more drum kits from Toontrack for SD3. I might pick up an upgrade to Studio One Pro.  And I still might pick up another Wurli library. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'm looking for a great dry solo cello that sounds great, is intuitively scripted and enjoyable to play in real time.  

https://www.embertone.com/instruments/blakuscello.php

Can be had used for $35ish. Probably not as cheap during sales unless you buy the bundle.

I don't use cello that much (even though it might be my favourite instrument in terms of pure sound) but I‘ve had some fun with this. It can even be mapped to be like 50% MPE, so I might be biased.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

https://www.embertone.com/instruments/blakuscello.php

Can be had used for $35ish. Probably not as cheap during sales unless you buy the bundle.

I don't use cello that much (even though it might be my favourite instrument in terms of pure sound) but I‘ve had some fun with this. It can even be mapped to be like 50% MPE, so I might be biased.

Thanks for the tip, jngnz. Where have you seen it used? I've searched KnobCloud (why did they have to name it that?! I want to clear my browser history after going there!) but have yet to find any cello libraries for KONTAKT. 

Only interested in bundled deals from Spitfire & Orchestral Tools. Everything else is covered by PA & Composer Cloud sub,  Musio and Komplete CE 14. 

From OT and Spitfire hoping for a good deal on completing my Albion collection, and hoping for a similar type bundle as last year from Orchestral Tools  (BF 2022 they did the entire 0-5 Metropolis Ark bundle for $799). Hoping  for an OT bundle that covers their more specialized orchestra libraries like Modus and Salu. And although it's doubtful, have my eye on a significant Keepforest Evolution deal that completes the collection I already have.

Musio really surprised me though. Eliminated a huge spectrum of sounds I was budgeting for. 

Only effect I'm looking at is LiquidSonics reverbs, specifically a heavily discounted bundle that includes Cinematic Rooms Pro, 7th Heaven and TaiChi.

Picked up an Axe FX III Mark II this year, so I'll busy with that for a while anyway. That machine is god like.

I'm personally hoping for an historical low (or a leeeetle better) price for either EW Hollywood Opus or Strezov BEO (and then a similar deal on the other next year, ideally). 

I've yet to pull the trigger on a full-blown all-in-one package, and for what I like to (try to) do, I think these two would collectively cover all the bases I'd need in that area.

16 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Diamond was around 250 USD a year ago at JRR with a code, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for again. It's somewhat lower than their usual 50-60% off everything, and I think it was only for a few days at the end of last year.

The biggest problem with a late-December sale is keeping the powder dry until then to take the shot.