DAWproject - exchange projects between Reaper, Bitwig & Studio One (not a deal)

Gang5

And we must remember that there was that conversion tool (ReaCWP) that @azslow3 wrote to take a SPlat/SONAR/CbB project into Reaper which in my case was pretty darn accurate.

So, @PavlovsCat can combine all this and take his CbB song into Reaper, the Reaper song into DAWproject and the DAWproject into StudioOne.

We live in exciting and interesting times.

Edited by Bapu
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

And we must remember that there was that conversion tool (ReaCWP) that @azslow3 wrote to take a SPlat/SONAR/CbB project into Reaper which in my case was pretty darn accurate.

So, @PavlovsCat can combine all this and take his CbB song into Reaper, the Reaper song into DAWproject and the DAWproject into StudioOne.

We live in exciting and interesting times.

Thanks for tagging me,  @Bapu.  It sounds like a little work but it's a step in the right direction.  If the tool worked well, I'd happily be willing to pay for it. 

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks for tagging me,  @Bapu.  It sounds like a little work but it's a step in the right direction.  If the tool worked well, I'd happily be willing to pay for it. 

I did not try and install the Reaper -> DAWproject yet.

I did export from Studio One Pro v6.x (latest) and then import DAWproject file into Bitwig Studio 5.011. Sadly, the playback had elements out of sync. I think it was the drums as those tracks all had active AutoAlign 2 on them and I suspect that may have caused some grief.

At another time I'll try and mute the AutoAlign2 plug and see if that fixes the situ.

Also the other bugaboo was the project was not entirely in 4/4 and the song had a slowed down tempo at the last two measures. It appears that none of that happened. I need to discover how to see the tempo map in Bitwig to verify that. one track is MIDI and without that tempo map more trouble can abound I suspect.

So for right now, SO->DAWproject->Bitwig is not ready for primetime until I can find out if there more I need to do about the tempo map.

Edited by Bapu
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2023 at 8:24 AM, Gang5 said:

This looks very promising. It is not native to Reaper, (yet) but a free tool.  Here's link for more info, and video:

https://www.realinks.net/links/projectconverter/

I've been dealing with the developer on the Reaper forum (via PM). In my testing I've helped him discover 2 bugs in his ProjectConverter which he fixed an posted opnline in less that 30 minutes.  He discovered one bug in the Bitwig opening a DAWproject from his export of a Reaper song and reported it to the Bitwig development team.

I've also reported to him a bug in my Studio One export to DAWProject when using his ProjectConverter to bring it into Reaper. Buses were missing and settings of UAD Distresser were all set to a default state, not what the Studio One song had.

On the Reaper forum some have jumped on the feature request to include DAWProject. 

I'm assuming one he gets the buses and Distresser settings worked out I would be able to take any older CbB projects into Reaper via aslow3's ReaCWP tool, then export from Reaper into DAWproject via Project Converter and then open it in Studio One and have a reasonable starting point to re-mix if I desired. The sad point is that I cannot do the reverse if/since the new SONAR may not have DAWproject imbedded.

Edited by Bapu