One for the Beatles fans out there

Bapu

• Bapu changed the title to One for the Beatles fans out there

Nice! - Yes, a bit spendy though, but at least there are options other than long term.

Just the material you reference from Ken Scott looks quite worthwhile, he sure has a hell of a lot of experience in the "glory days" of studio recording, going on way past the Beatles days, so I hope he does more of those videos.

It would have been even more sweet if Geoff Emerick (Respect...) was still around to share what he knew!  I do have his book of anecdotes & recollections.

I’m not going to do it but I would like to see the video someday. The sound the Beatles got on all of their albums was so far ahead of the time. I still think Abbey Road is the best sounding recording ever made and they made it with the 12345 and a j37! Incredible!

Edited by Clint Martin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clint Martin said:

I’m not going to do it but I would like to see the video someday. The sound the Beatles got on all of their albums was so far ahead of the time. I still think Abbey Road is the best sounding recording ever made and they made it with the 12345 and a j37! Incredible!

Here's Bapu crossing that famous road with bear feet! 😁

BapuCrossesInBearFeet.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 3:48 PM, Bapu said:

Requires a PureMix membership to view.

https://www.puremix.com/library/start-to-finish/-/history-of-the-beatles-recording-techniques

I've watched half of it, and it was fascinating and revealing to me.

Probably finish the other half next weekend.

I was connected to Ken on Facebook until he killed his personal account and we had some nice chats. The funny thing is, he's done work with some mutual friends and I only meant to follow him and accidentally did a friend request and figured why not just keep it? He accepted it and later, when he ended up having a few chats.  He's a pretty nice guy and of course, a legend! 

As far as Yoko, did anyone catch that McCartney finally let out how he, George and Ringo felt about her intruding on their recording sessions? No surprise. I suppose at 81, he felt he could finally speak more openly.