The Perfect Guy

Terry Carroll

This song is probably gonna come off as being very sarcastic. It very well may be a little bit, but it really has a deeper meaning in the lyric that is kind of hidden.  I try to have any song I write to have something that means something to me. I tend to seem simple in my writing and be upfront, but I also have something in the lyric that could get by some people, but not all.  I was feeling a little Kinks vibe coming to me as I was writing this. It may have something to do with the way I was singing a couple parts

Edited by Terry Carroll
more info
  • Like 2

I really like how the lyrics build up, how the guy is so perfect and he's every woman's dream.
And you just know there's going to be something about him not so perfect, which is probably there at 2:45.
I say probably because I couldn't make out the words right there which is likely due to my hearing loss issue. So can you provide the text because I really want to know what's up with this guy.  🙂

-Bjorn

Thank you for listening Bjorn! A lot of people say that lyrics don't matter. I'm not one of them. I don't think I'm very good with lyrics. I work hard to be better at lyrics every time I write a song, so it means a lot to me that you asked for the lyrics. 

120. He's The Perfect Guy

Well he never checks out any other gal
He only has eyes for you
Never goes out drinking with his pals
Always makes it home for things to do
He's thankful for all you do each day
Tells you so in all so many ways
Brings you flowers when you least expect him to
Those times you need them most, some how he knew

Chorus

He's the perfect guy
He's Every woman's dream
He's every thing a man can be
He's the perfect guy
He's Every woman's dream
He's more man than you can even see

Well there's nothing that he wouldn't do for you
He's building a life to dream
Leaving you no question dreams come true
leaving you no doubt love's all it seems
He's filling your heart with days of sun
Fills both day and night with endless fun
Makes you smile when things can be a bleeding drag
Will not try to push when it's not your bag

Repeat chorus

Is everything in life so much better
Some how he makes you feel so much greater 

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 12:18 PM, bjornpdx said:

I really like how the lyrics build up, how the guy is so perfect and he's every woman's dream.
And you just know there's going to be something about him not so perfect, which is probably there at 2:45.
I say probably because I couldn't make out the words right there which is likely due to my hearing loss issue. So can you provide the text because I really want to know what's up with this guy.  🙂

-Bjorn

ing Bjorn! A lot of people say that lyrics don't matter. I'm not one of them. I don't think I'm very good with lyrics. I work hard to be better at lyrics every time I write a song, so it means a lot to me that you asked for the lyrics. 

120. He's The Perfect Guy

Well he never checks out any other gal
He only has eyes for you
Never goes out drinking with his pals
Always makes it home for things to do
He's thankful for all you do each day
Tells you so in all so many ways
Brings you flowers when you least expect him to
Those times you need them most, some how he knew

Chorus

He's the perfect guy
He's Every woman's dream
He's every thing a man can be
He's the perfect guy
He's Every woman's dream
He's more man than you can even see

Well there's nothing that he wouldn't do for you
He's building a life to dream
Leaving you no question dreams come true
leaving you no doubt love's all it seems
He's filling your heart with days of sun
Fills both day and night with endless fun
Makes you smile when things can be a bleeding drag
Will not try to push when it's not your bag

Repeat chorus

Is everything in life so much better
Some how he makes you feel so much greater 

On 10/18/2023 at 5:04 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Terry, this is one of the best songs I've heard from you!  The mix is big and clear, and the performances are tight.  I love the bridge and total arrangement.  You've become quite the producer!  Encore!

Thanks Lynn, your stuff always sounds top notch, so that means a lot to me

Had to listen, yeah he sounds like a pretty good guy ha. Not sure if I got your hidden meaning...The song is good, the structure is interesting, the mix is good. Its got a fun attitude. I would enjoy the drums a bit louder, just a taste thing. I appreciate when people post the lyrics so thanks.

• Like 1

What a fun and interesting song.  I love songs that tell a story or offer some kind of social observation.  This does both.  The mix  and arrangement sound good and the instrumentation and performance are great.

Thanks for posting --- I enjoyed the listen!

On 10/20/2023 at 10:49 PM, treesha said:

Had to listen, yeah he sounds like a pretty good guy ha. Not sure if I got your hidden meaning...The song is good, the structure is interesting, the mix is good. Its got a fun attitude. I would enjoy the drums a bit louder, just a taste thing. I appreciate when people post the lyrics so thanks.

It's not really a hidden meaning, It's just something that I was thinking about when I wrote it. Thank you for your kind thoughts. Every time I complete a song I try to bring up the drums a bit. I have had some success, looks like I have a way to go.

Terry

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 7:35 PM, freddy j said:

What a fun and interesting song.  I love songs that tell a story or offer some kind of social observation.  This does both.  The mix  and arrangement sound good and the instrumentation and performance are great.

Thanks for posting --- I enjoyed the listen!

Thank you for your kind thoughts. social observation song are my favorite songs to write. It helps me in some way

Terry