Don't wait "Chilled Version" * Remix 2 *

mark skinner

Hello , we decided to do 2 versions of this song. This one is the "chilled" version with cellos ,  piano and synths and a different electric break.   Any suggestions  , especially volume wise as far as the vox and breaks would be helpful.  When this one is done , it will also be renamed before releasing .   Subvibe surprised me with this mix . I thought it would be a good one for cellos.  Thanks for your time and any comments , crits and suggestions ..     mark     The link now reflects   Remix #2

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14664184

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 3

Mark I'm listening on some ATH-M50's (not my usual) so take this as a maybe.
I'd bring the vocal and cello up (more like the solo guitar) and or the piano down in the verses.
I'll try to listen again on my goto cans and get back if I think I'm off on that...

Had another go with the DT-770's:
Vocal up
Piano down in the cello solo

Love the tune.

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Thanks 1

• mark skinner changed the title to Don't wait "Chilled Version" Remix 1

@DeeringAmps Thanks Tom. I brought the vocals up 1 db in the intro verse , and 1.5 db  to the end. I've been steadily lowering them thinking I was too loud. I lowered the piano 3 db during the cello break. I think it sounds a lot cleaner now. Thanks for the direction ! After 2 versions of this song I've lost some perspective. @Tim Smith Appreciate it. I too was feeling the crispness especially on the lead vox. I lowered the highs a little and attempted some de-essing. I also tweeked the mastering EQ a little. Not having many playback options , it's nice to hear suggestions from someone not so close to a mix. @KSband Thank You for the listen and commenting. The link now reflects remix 1.

I'll continue to remix until I think it's done.       Thank You ..     mark

• Like 1

@mark skinner Super high quality, like I knew it would be . . . great alternate "chilled" version, and interesting to see it presented in a different way. Very much enjoyed my listens, my brain tells me the soundclick version sounds slightly better than the soundcloud version ?, but my ears aren't sure of the difference. I wondered about the harmony vocal volume in the first third of the song, sounds more "subtle in the back" than later in the piece, perhaps intended, but thought I would mention it. 

Very balanced mix, in fact I used it as a kind of reference for something I was mixing myself tonight, because I know your mixes are always very tuned in.

These are some great (rememberable, catchy) vocals and lyrics, and @subvibe did a fabulous job with the keys, really adds some emotional depth to the whole arrangement, the way it's done !

Bruce

• Thanks 1

Thanks Bruce. I'll look at the backing vocals closer.  Good ears , the SoundCloud version hasn't been updated to the revised mix yet. I guess the remix 1 was an improvement.  Having a free account at SoundCloud , I can't update the mix without completely deleting the song. Lately Ive been doing my back and forth mixes on SoundClick and posting to SoundCloud when I'm satisfied . SoundClick also streams at a higher bit rate .                mark        

• mark skinner changed the title to Don't wait "Chilled Version" * Remix 2 *
  • 2 weeks later...