Rop Rapen Go2 - $35 - free Go2-X upgrade when released

Walter Cruz

November will be a big month for the Rob Papen brand! In the 2nd half of November, we are planning the release of eXplorer-9, Go2-X, and Albino-3 Legend!

eXplorer-9 will include Go2-X, and Albino-3 Legend as the first new products in this bundle!

Until these releases, we have a special offer on Go2 and eXplorer-8:

We offer Go2 for 35 bucks (30% discount) with a free upgrade to Go2-X!

To qualify, the free upgrade to Go2-X also includes Go2 purchases made during September 2023. More info on Go2 and to purchase it here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Re Albino: Papen and the plugin designer LinPlug had a parting of the ways.  

Sound designer Rob Papen has announced that Albino 3, his collaboration with Linplug, will be discontinued at the end of 2012:

As you might know, a few years ago I asked LinPlug do build a custom synthesizer, with my specs and ideas added…. and last but not least my presets added.

Since a few years I formed a own team with Jon Ayres (RPCX) and together we build some great products which I also fully can backup.

The other products reflect far more the direction I wanted to go (sound wise and feature wise).
Therefore I decided to stop this product which was build in conjunction with Linplug.

With LinPlug having designed the Albino audio engine I wonder how different the new version will sound.

Also wonder if you buy Explorer 8 if there's a grace period update to Explore 9.

Edited by TheSteven

18 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Re Albino: Papen and the plugin designer LinPlug had a parting of the ways.  

With LinPlug having designed the Albino audio engine I wonder how different the new version will sound.

Also wonder if you buy Explorer 8 if there's a grace period update to Explore 9.

There is but it's not as long as you might like. I bought Explorer 7 and skipped 8 but I'll upgrade to 9 for sure. Thankfully the upgrades so far have been the same price from any Explorer version. 

Just found my copy of the newsletter - extracts...
About Albino-3 Legend:

The resurrection of a legendary and groundbreaking software synthesizer from the past!

Originally released in 2006, Albino-3 was the result of a collaboration between Virtual Instrument designer Peter Linsener and Dutch sound designer and musician Rob Papen.

Now reborn as Albino-3 Legend and with our in-house programmers now at the helm we have added VST3 support, different GUI sizes, and compatibility with the latest PC and Mac operating systems

Albino-3 Legend will have a price of 99 bucks and the upgrade from Albino-3 to the Albino-3 Legend will be 49 bucks. More information will follow very soon of course…..

Other info:
Exploxer 9 upgrade: Upgrade cost €  74-- | USD 74 (Oct/Nov 2023 special price)

Customers purchasing or upgrading to eXplorer-8 now will get a free upgrade to eXplorer-9!
The free upgrade to eXplorer-9 also includes eXplorer-8 purchases made during September 2023. 

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

What has been the update fee?

Officially its 99$/Euro but it gets discounted and at launch it was the lowest I've seen it, at something like $57 on bestservice. After that it went up to something  like $78. Via Rob Papen direct with coupon it's $74. I've been waiting for it to go back down to $57 so hopefully that will happen again at the launch of 9. I think the grace period was something like 3 months. I'd bought it in February of that year so I wasn't eligible. 

Edited by Craig N
  • Thanks 1