NI Controller Editor updated to 2.8.2

cclarry

I am so tired of this NI Native Access version 2. 

90% of the time it will not load.

The problem appears to be a service NTKDeamon or something. 

I have learned in the past if I manually start it the program install its dependencies and loads.

But that doesn't always work. Then I uninstall reboot and install to get updates.

Can't this mega company get things right anymore?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jim137 said:

I have learned in the past if I manually start it the program install its dependencies and loads.

But that doesn't always work. Then I uninstall reboot and install to get updates.

Welcome to Native Asshat.   Remove NTK Demon and try again.  Other hope is uninstall Asshat, download reinstall.

Best advice do not update anything if it works.  These updates are most likely for their new controller.

10 hours ago, jim137 said:

I finally opened a ticket with NI because I was having horrendous issue with load times for both NA and Kontakt.
They suggested the following which vastly improved things.

Reset the Service Center .XML files manually

1.       Navigate to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Native instruments/Service Center

2.       Move the .xml files in this folder to the trash.

3.       After this is done, launch Native Access to create a new set of .xmls and restart your computer.

4.       Try opening KONTAKT again to see if the issue has been resolved.

Reinitialize the KONTAKT Database

1.       Click the Windows start button at the bottom left of your screen.

2.       Type "%localappdata%" and click the option that appears.

3.       Navigate to the Native Instruments folder.

4.       Then delete the following folder:
KONTAKT 7: "Kontakt 7"

5.       Start KONTAKT 7 in standalone mode (not in your DAW). If KONTAKT still crashes, proceed with the next chapter.

Note that once the XMLs and Database has been reset, please be sure to open the Kontakt standalone app first. The first load time may take longer, but once the database has been rebuilt, the load times should be much faster going forward.

~~~~~~~~~~

If the issue persists, first please delete the User Registry entries of Native Access and the NTKDaemon:
1.       Click the Windows Start button at the bottom left side of your screen.

2.       Type "regedit" into the search field, then press Enter to open the Windows Registry Editor.

3.       In the Registry Editor, navigate the folder structure to this location and locate the folder for the NI product that is crashing:

4.       HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Native Instruments >

5.       Delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" entries

Then please clear the Native Access cache by deleting the following folders:
1.       Click the Windows Start Button on the bottom left of your screen.

2.       Type %localappdata% and press Enter.

3.       This will open the following folder location: C: > Users > *Your User Name* > AppData > Local

4.       go into the Native Instruments directory and delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" folders

I only ended up doing the first half (prior to ~~~~~)  but now they load in around a minute instead of 5 to 10 minutes.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, John Maar said:

If anyone is interested, I saved all of those steps to a Word .docx file and attached it for your convenience.

How to fix long load time for Kontakt.docx 13.34 kB · 6 downloads

We shouldn't have to do the developers work for them.   I don't think I've ever had to do that kind of steps for a software update.   Ni is chipping away at becoming moving up on endusers shitlist.