[Solved] - [ VST Plug-In Error ] The Following Plug-In failed to load:

kday

When I try to load a Pro-Channel module on a new install   I get   [ VST Plug-In Error ]  The Following Plug-In failed to load:  message.

What is causing this Pro-Channel error?  

This error message just started happening and even from a fresh install I still get the VST Plug-In failed error message and won't load a pro-Channel module.

Looks like there is some Pro-Channel corruption somewhere. Or maybe the Pro-Channel files aren't being loaded, but a fresh install is rendering the exact same pro-channel error results.   I Don't know if my OS has been corrupted or what the problem could be here.

Anyone ever experienced this problem before?

Corruption could've came in from using a Cakewalk template from another computer, I don't know. 

But reloading a fresh version of the Cakewalk program seems to get this same corruption error message. 

Thanks

Edited by kday
Solved Issue

• kday changed the title to When attempting to load a Pro-Channel module I get a [ VST Plug-In Error ] The Following Plug-In failed to load: Anyone know what that's about?

I don't know if they are the same problem you are facing but here are a couple of related forum posts.  Some of the pro channel modules are not installed with the default installation and came from either separate purchases or were released at different times. Does it do this with all pro channel modules?

For example. The Concrete limiter is located here for me.

"C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\ProChannelConcreteLimiter\ProChannelConcreteLimiter_64.dll"

And the others are in the same directory

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal.  

Make sure you see the dll files in those directories and then go into the VST manager and reset and rescan.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Pro-Channel-Not-Working-m2199240.aspx

if its recent - i'd run the Cakewalk redistributables exe to make sure any other updates on the system are not conflicting...

How to repair a Cakewalk installation with missing or damaged Microsoft redistributables - Frequently Asked Questions - Cakewalk Discuss | The Official Cakewalk by BandLab Forum 

• Like 1

• kday changed the title to [Solved] - [ VST Plug-In Error ] The Following Plug-In failed to load:
On 9/9/2023 at 2:53 PM, Glenn Stanton said:

if its recent - i'd run the Cakewalk redistributables exe to make sure any other updates on the system are not conflicting...

How to repair a Cakewalk installation with missing or damaged Microsoft redistributables - Frequently Asked Questions - Cakewalk Discuss | The Official Cakewalk by BandLab Forum 

Finally problem solved.

So what happen was I installed a new VST that distributed it's own Microsoft runtime libraries into my computer, and i installed this program in both desktop and laptop so i got the exact same corruption on both computers.  I let this vst program install it's own Microsoft runtime libraries. And that corrupted my WIn11 OS  in both my computers, or either the newly corrupted Cakewalk template from the vst i copied to the laptop may have did it. Either way the corruption carried over to both PCs.  Neither would load Cakewalk program template anymore. So I thought since the corruption happened on both computers only using Cakewalk software it must be related to possibly the beta builds. I copied the original OS SSD to another SSD when I tried to reinstall a fresh copy of Cakewalk and still got the same problems so i thought it was related to a build.

I found the only thing that worked was a [reset my pc] option in Win11 that added all the missing  Microsoft redistributables files that the EXE program couldn't, probably because the corruption was deeply embedded in the OS. and even copying a new OS installed on another SSD couldn't fix. I needed to start from a new OS from scratch. Once i did that the program started back working again.

Thanks to everybody who helped with advice here, i tried everything from all of the advice to what I finally discovered in the [reset my pc] option..  

3 hours ago, kday said:

I installed a new VST that distributed it's own Microsoft runtime libraries into my computer, and i installed this program in both desktop and laptop so i got the exact same corruption on both computers.  I let this vst program install it's own Microsoft runtime libraries. And that corrupted my WIn11 OS

Good lord. If you could give us a hint about what VST this was so we can avoid it, that would be nice.

• Like 3