SOMETIMES YouBoob can be awesome!

craigb

I had just added a Steve Miller Band song to the Song Association thread when I noticed this one on my feed...

While it may be interesting on the surface, this is not only the Jeff Miller who made my custom guitars, THIS WAS ORIGINALLY A DEMO HE MADE FOR ME WHILE PLAYING MY FIRST CUSTOM GUITAR!

Yes, the guitar in the video is my Raspberry Twist (which is currently back with him ever since I lost everything - he "bought it back" to help me and I've been slowly paying it back off ever since with the goal of eventually getting it back.

Yes, it has passive pickups, but it also has Variax guts inside!

Maybe I needed to see this for motivation...

RaspberryTwist1.jpg

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

It's a sign!!!!!

Actually, I think you're right!  I had a nice text marathon with Jeff this morning after seeing that video to see how he's doing.  He's still got my guitar waiting for me and we figured out how much I still need to pay him back to have her sent to me.  Then, literally a few minutes after those texts, I got paid for some work I'm doing (barely enough to cover rent, but I'm going to see if there's enough to send him another "payment").

Although I've had to sell a lot of my remaining music stuff, I still have my Variax floorboard and computer connection hardware.  As you heard in the demo, it does some pretty awesome sounding acoustic guitar sounds, so that and all the other tones would be the perfect companion to my Aqua Rocker (pictured in my avatar).  We'll see!

That's a fine sounding guitar. There's got to be a tear in your eye while watching that video. I know I'd be crying if that was MY guitar! Beautiful too. 

Acoustic sounds were nice on my phone and BT speaker. Very convincing. 

Tele sound was spot on. I wished he would have played more chords with the Strat sound to show off the silky-ness.

On 8/30/2023 at 6:10 PM, craigb said:

He's still got my guitar waiting for me and we figured out how much I still need to pay him back to have her sent to me

At this point it's just an old, home-made, third-hand guitar - he should be grateful that you still want it. $50 ought to do it..... 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, paulo said:

At this point it's just an old, home-made, third-hand guitar - he should be grateful that you still want it. $50 ought to do it..... 😉

Ha!  I wish!

I sold my third one to Space Cowboy here (RIP!) and it was too nice so he put it on a wall in a display box.

GaudyPaul-02.jpg

9 hours ago, Grem said:

Do you know what the family did with it?

No idea!  Hopefully it's being enjoyed somewhere.  We weren't expecting Bo to check out so soon.  He's probably playing in a collab with Bill, Billy and Jan now (our other passed-over Coffee House brethren - that I know of!).

• Like 1