Just released: the anticipated Cherry Audio Harmonia Synthesizer.

cclarry

18 minutes ago, Spice3d said:

Kinda weird...but I kinda like it.

Out of curiosity, what do you find weird--the UI? the synth engine/architecture? the sounds it can make?  something else?

I ask because I found it very straightforward and logically laid out. 

Edited by User 905133
added links to videos
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Out of curiosity, what do you find weird--the UI? the synth engine/architecture? the sounds it can make?  something else?

I ask because I found it very straightforward and logically laid out. 

I don't mean weird in a bad way. Just not your normal synth. Setting harmonics in a synth osc is new to me. Also, took me a minute to figure out how to modulate parameters. No drag and drop for user samples. Not overly difficult to get a grasp of, for sure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spice3d said:

I don't mean weird in a bad way. Just not your normal synth. Setting harmonics in a synth osc is new to me. Also, took me a minute to figure out how to modulate parameters. No drag and drop for user samples. Not overly difficult to get a grasp of, for sure. 

LOL.  I was wondering if it was "weird" because you are unfamiliar with that type of synthesis.  

The manual does describe Loading User Samples, and a whole bunch of wild features!  See:  PDF Manual  Online Manual (as web  pages).

In addition to its onboard waveform sample library, Harmonia can also import user samples. To be clear, sample import is a basic implementation added during development to simplify testing samples. But it works fine and user samples will save within sound presets.

Harmonia can import uncompressed WAV files, mono or stereo, at any sample rate. We look for either a Loop0Start or Cue0Offset metadata value to determine the looping point of the WAV. If we cannot find either of these values, we treat the WAV file as a one-shot. Loops will always play to the end of the WAV file before returning to the loop point, so make sure that all sample data past the loop point is removed.

User sample import only supports a single one "zone" across the keyboard; there is no multi-sampling capability.

Edited by User 905133

@Simeon Amburgey  I'm sure everybody would be interested in what kind of music you could make in real time with this thing.  Also, I didn't see in the video how the presets are arranged.  Tags?   Maybe I missed it.

Harmonia comes with 350 presets.  There is also a paid soundbank from James Dyson. $49 now, $69 later. More than Harmonia!   Get it here:  https://store.cherryaudio.com/presets/euphonic-sonics-for-harmonia

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

@Simeon Amburgey  I'm sure everybody would be interested in what kind of music you could make in real time with this thing.  Also, I didn't see in the video how the presets are arranged.  Tags?   Maybe I missed it.

Harmonia comes with 350 presets.  There is also a paid soundbank from James Dyson. $49 now, $69 later. More than Harmonia!   Get it here:  https://store.cherryaudio.com/presets/euphonic-sonics-for-harmonia

Oh yes, it looks amazing and has some very interesting potential.
I have had a very different month during August which has had me working my way out of finishing up some really big projects so I have been away from my channel for the past few weeks.

I am hoping to get things ramped up soon and of course will be taking this one for a spin. Thanks for the support and stay tuned!

• Like 2