2 hours ago, satya said:

https://www.ujam.com/pianist/score/

The Grand Emotion

For that cinematic touch

Grand piano model based on recordings of a Steinway D Grand piano

For 99$

Login for 79 

For Mac and PC

79$ is for owners of another Virtual Pianist title.

72,28$ at Best Service:

https://www.bestservice.com/en/virtual_pianist_score_crossgrade.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

Have fun with this. I don't like Ujam stuff as the plugins always feel a bit restrictive. I will pass. 

Same.  UJAM plugins are aimed at younger users who aren't looking to get deep into an instrument. While I'm mostly a preset user, UJAM stuff doesn't let me get as deep as I would like. I'm sure that this is likely the same reason that some users will love them. But compared to KONTAKT or even UVI and some of the better developers with proprietary sample players, UJAM plugins feel like entry-level toys compared to serious tools.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Dissenting opinion from an OLD user 🧐  I really like the first two UJAM Piano players, and suspect I will buy "Score" as well, because I have had a lot of fun with them.  Thankfully they do offer a free 30 day trial.  I also like some of the guitars and most of the basses.  While there are guitar and bass libs for Kontakt ("Session") that let you do a similar kind of MIDI phrase "remixing" like UJAM stuff does,  I haven't come across (Kontakt) piano libs that work in a similar way.  EZ Keys is great too BTW, but not as easy to just sit and create something cool "live".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Same.  UJAM plugins are aimed at younger users who aren't looking to get deep into an instrument. While I'm mostly a preset user, UJAM stuff doesn't let me get as deep as I would like. I'm sure that this is likely the same reason that some users will love them. But compared to KONTAKT or even UVI and some of the better developers with proprietary sample players, UJAM plugins feel like entry-level toys compared to serious tools.   

I own many UJAM plugins and like what they do. They are part of my tools useful for inspiration, as well as Toontrack and other brands.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Does Virtual Pianist allow to drag and drop MIDI patterns, so that I can edit them or use them with an instrument of my choice, like Beatmaker does?

Qualified "yes"-  You can drag and drop complete phrases only.  Part of the fun is jumping around between among though, and not letting them play out.  This would require MIDI out of your "live" play, which it cannot do.  Ref: https://support.ujam.com/hc/en-us/articles/5840960069778-Virtual-Pianist-MIDI-Out  That may be how Beatmakers work- I don't know, as I don't use those often.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I didn't want to say toy. And you can get nice sounds from them. If you need something quick, they may be ideal. But not for me. 

8 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I own many UJAM plugins and like what they do. They are part of my tools useful for inspiration, as well as Toontrack and other brands.

We all have our own preferences and work styles. I realize some may love the same plugins that I'm not crazy about.  If it works for you, that's what matters. I was just sharing how I've simply found that the UJAM approach really isn't the best fit for me. I'm interested in loading up samples, making tweaks to those sounds and playing everything from my keyboard or another MIDI controller as opposed to using pre written MIDI patterns or loops, which is where a lot of UJAM functionality is focused.

You mentioned  Toontrack, and I do like Toontrack stuff a lot -- especially Superior Drummer, but I also have a couple of the ezKeys 1 upright piano sample libraries and I use them a good deal and really like them. Once again though, I don't use pre-written MIDI or loops; I've never even touched that area in ezKeys 1 and Toontrack has clearly put a lot more focus on that area in version 2. But even for my purposes, I've found ezKeys much more to my liking than anything I own from UJAM (I have several of their plugins).  Anyhow, that's just my take. Like anything, it reflects my preferences and may be completely different from someone else's opinion. We all have our own preferences, levels of experience and workflows. I just thought I'd share my honest take on UJAM as others, like you, were weighing in.  Others here may love UJAM and it may be a great fit for them.  There's no right or wrong opinion or need for concensus, it's just opinion. I value that we all have different perspectives and can respect each other's views. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3