🤯 An EQ for only 99€ - Pulsar 8200

cclarry

Pulsar 8200 | 33% OFF

During the next 6 days, save 33% on an updated legendary EQ. Precise & versatile, Pulsar 8200 is a no-brainer for your master bus. You can easily create complex EQ curves that can take your mixes and masters from slightly corrected to noticeably polished.

Don't miss out the opportunity to get it for only €99.

https://pulsar.audio/eq-8200/

I'm still fairly inexperienced with music production and I wonder, what's the big difference between EQs that would make people spend hundreds on them?

I mean, I thought they just make certain frequencies louder or quieter. How can they be much different in completing a task that sound so trivial (at least to me)?
I understand that some have certain features that others don't have, like dynamic EQ, or M/S equing, but apart from that?

25 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

I'm still fairly inexperienced with music production and I wonder, what's the big difference between EQs that would make people spend hundreds on them?

I mean, I thought they just make certain frequencies louder or quieter. How can they be much different in completing a task that sound so trivial (at least to me)?
I understand that some have certain features that others don't have, like dynamic EQ, or M/S equing, but apart from that?

Each EQ has a certain "sound" that will affect the signal, and the curves are all different.
EQ's like Fabfilter's Pro EQ can cover a lot of territory as most of the parameters are 
adjustable, making it an "all in one" solution.  Many others do likewise.
If it's a Tube EQ that will also have an effect on the sound.  There are a great many factors
involved, hence the plethora of EQ Options.

• Like 3

On 8/18/2023 at 3:39 PM, jngnz said:

This $350 EQ is one of the most hyped plugins on GS: https://www.pulsarmodular.com/product/p440-sweet-spot/

And even slightly ontopic because they also have "Pulsar" in their name. But these guys seem to have some hype about them yes, justified or not. The P42 is often regarded as the best saturator on the market. But at $264 I'm not finding out. I could do the trial thingie though.