Bodhran

23 hours ago, Promidi said:

Even if “they” did, you would still probably be better off with a separate 3rd party vsti Bodhrán ....

23 hours ago, Promidi said:

Even if “they” did, you would still probably be better off with a separate 3rd party vsti Bodhrán ....

I see. I'll try your recommendation.

The Freeware Instruments Thread gets bumped to the top every so often, but is also a nice resource for VST instruments out there and recommendations. There are a lot of VSTis out and about, so often a detailed Google search will give you some options for specific instruments. As Promidi mentioned, for instruments that are not mainstream, the free (or even 3rd party) route is often preferred for the simple reason that you can use them in any DAW. VTSis that come with many DAWs are often locked to that DAW, which can be problematic; e.g., if you are composing a song that requires 3 instruments locked to 3 different DAWs. You are then forced to render and import tracks from one DAW to another in that situation.

On 8/15/2023 at 1:56 PM, mettelus said:

The Freeware Instruments Thread gets bumped to the top every so often, but is also a nice resource for VST instruments out there and recommendations. There are a lot of VSTis out and about, so often a detailed Google search will give you some options for specific instruments. As Promidi mentioned, for instruments that are not mainstream, the free (or even 3rd party) route is often preferred for the simple reason that you can use them in any DAW. VTSis that come with many DAWs are often locked to that DAW, which can be problematic; e.g., if you are composing a song that requires 3 instruments locked to 3 different DAWs. You are then forced to render and import tracks from one DAW to another in that situation.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. This would be very helpful. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 11:50 PM, Tim Smith said:

I have a real one, but it's small. None of the vsti ones seemed to fit for me. The bodhran wasn't hard for me, but then I never added a bunch of the fancy stuff.

I think it does the job for you don't they?

On 3/1/2024 at 10:21 PM, Jan Deeben said:

Hi Bridget,

You might wanna look at the bodhran included in the Celtic ERA 2 library by Best Service. It's a paid library, but IMHO definitely worth the money if you're into producing Celtic music. 
https://www.bestservice.com/en/celtic_era_2.html

Hope this helps.

-Jan

Thanks a lot, I don't plan to make a purchase soon but I'll keep this in case I do.