(Fixed!) Phone login no bell for replies to your questions

Max Arwood

The forum got a software update not long ago and unfortunately some of the layout broke along the way, specifically phone and tablet sizes. I agree, it's pretty frustrating, but it's been reported so hopefully we can get this sorted soon.

In the meantime, if you switch to Desktop Mode on your phone browser you'll see the alert icons come back, and then you can switch back to mobile view once you're on the page you're going to.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 3:47 PM, User 905133 said:

I have been using so-called "smart" phones for less than a decade and I almost never use it for browsing the internet.  But I just tried the trick of turning the phone sideways, found the ... [more] dots, selected "Desktop Site" and found where I could log in if I was so inclined. I was using Chrome.

If it works for me, it should work for people who do browse the internet with their phones. [emphasis added]

Click the 3 vertical dots top right corner of you phone's browser (Google, Chrome, etc.).

Go to bottom of list and select Desktop Site.

Use fingers to zoom in.

When not in Desktop mode you can turn your phone landscape (if rotation is enabled) and the sign in link will appear. You just can't sign out afterward.

Edited by sjoens
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sjoens said:

Click the 3 vertical dots top right corner of you phone's browser (Google, Chrome, etc.).

Go to bottom of list and select Desktop Site.

Use fingers to zoom in.

When not in Desktop mode you can turn your phone landscape (if rotation is enabled) and the sign in link will appear. You just can't sign out afterward.

I was looking in the forum settings. 😊
Thanks.

You might need to refresh the page when you do that.

Or, in some cases depending on your resolution, turn your phone to landscape mode so it triggers the breakpoint to switch views. There's 3 different views: mobile, tablet and desktop, and the icons only appear once it passes the width to trigger desktop mode.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

. . . I can trigger the breakpoints by resizing the PC browser window as well. 

Earlier today I did something similar (resizing my Android phone's browser). In fact I was able to get the upper right hand icons, including the log-in button in vertical mode. (I didn't have to hold it sideways as I did previously.) Unfortunately, I couldn't remember my login name and/or password, but it did bring up the Bandlab login program.

Edited by User 905133
correction
  • Haha 1

Android phone screen zoom and Chrome zoom seem to work against each other.  Phone zoom has 5 positions.  Chrome 50% to 300%.

To see the top link "bells & whistles" in Mobile mode, the phone zoom can be any setting with Chrome browser at 50% and phone flipped sideways.
With phone zoom minimized, Chrome has to be 75% or less, or they all disappear.

In Desktop mode, they disappear when Chrome zoom reaches 100%, flipped vertical or horizontal.

Before today all I got was the sign-in link but now it's all there.  I like the new one click sign-in.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1

@sjoens Since I almost never browse the internet on my "smart" phone, I defer to the details you have provided.  I agree that if people have their Cakewalk/Bandlab accounts crosslinked with Google Mail, Facebook, and or Twitter that is handy.  I didn't know that was new (or that it worked).  I guess I its worth having them all share information after all.

Hey guys, check your phone stuff now - it looks like Mobile and Tablet view have had a fix and we have a new Hamburger Menu with an alert bell in there.

Works great for me (you may need to refresh your browser) but let me know if it's not working and I'll pass that on to the devs.

• Thanks 1

• Max Arwood changed the title to (Fixed!) Phone login no bell for replies to your questions