Free (now) uninstaller from a good dev

Fleer

Very handy to have.  I went through and deleted a whole bunch of packages that already had most of the contents deleted manually (non-AS Native VST, VST3, and leaving plugins that only work in AU).

Thanks, Wide Blue Sound!

Looks nice but.....  Now I know how the Apple folks feel when they see deals for Windows only stuff (like our benefactor).  Anyone know if there is a similar utility for us cheapskates?  Not a general uninstaller, but a VST manager.  I just keep shortcuts on the desktop to VST2 and VST3 folders to peruse.  I try to only keep VST3 on my system but there a a few distros that are still VST2 only.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Looks nice but.....  Now I know how the Apple folks feel when they see deals for Windows only stuff (like our benefactor).  Anyone know if there is a similar utility for us cheapskates?  Not a general uninstaller, but a VST manager.  I just keep shortcuts on the desktop to VST2 and VST3 folders to peruse.  I try to only keep VST3 on my system but there a a few distros that are still VST2 only.

I’ve mentioned before that I use Gig Performer for managing plugins (obviously not for cheapskates, but if you happen to have it …).  Given how quick it scans plugins, and that it can do it incrementally, it’s my plugin playground that I leave running.  With it, I can figure out what plugins to keep, either VST or VST3.

With Windows, most packages can be uninstalled through the system package manager.  When uninstalling, the system package manager can delete all the files registered.  Like with Native Instruments, you can uninstall specific programs/libraries cleanly on Windows, but not on Mac (was a very manual process).

I’ve also learned to be selective in what I install, when given a choice, rather than installing everything as per the defaults, but not all installers provide the option.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ALC said:

I’ve also learned to be selective in what I install, when given a choice, rather than installing everything as per the defaults, but not all installers provide the option.  

Enter Softube.

• Like 1

I tried but confused me a bit, if I want to delete just the AU components but keep VST, this thing seems to delete all associated files when I select the AU to uninstall so surely that would affect the VST version? Also some packages persist in the list after uninstalling them ?

8 hours ago, tom said:

I tried but confused me a bit, if I want to delete just the AU components but keep VST, this thing seems to delete all associated files when I select the AU to uninstall so surely that would affect the VST version? Also some packages persist in the list after uninstalling them ?

It seems to only delete files that don't have references from other packages.

Also, some software has separate packages for VST, VST3, AU, and AAX, while other software has single packages that includes all the plugin variants.  I like that the program will show which files don't exist in red.  This program helps with fully uninstalling plugins (and all associated files).  I think I'll still be doing manual deletion of plugins, but use this program to periodically do cleanup.

19 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Now I know how the Apple folks feel when they see deals for Windows only stuff....

Have you noticed that over the years, in reviews, writers seem to hit Cakewalk/SONAR/Cakewalk/Sonar for being "Windows-only," but give Logic X more leeway? Is that just my perception as a Cakewalk user?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Have you noticed that over the years, in reviews, writers seem to hit Cakewalk/SONAR/Cakewalk/Sonar for being "Windows-only," but give Logic X more leeway? Is that just my perception as a Cakewalk user?

It is.

Edith, what am I doing here, get your coat. 

• Haha 1