[SOLVED] Cakewalk TTS-1 cannot open registry error

tdehan

Question

I installed Bandlab Cakewalk on a second PC yesterday and when I go to launch a project I get the message: Cakewalk TTS-1 cannot open registry error.  

I checked that TTS-1.dll is indeed in the Program Files\Cakewalk\Sharred DXi\TTS-1 folder.   How do I fix this?

Thanks

TTS-1.png

Edited by tdehan

13 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

Hmm... I've never seen that one before.

First of all, reboot the system. Does that fix it?

If not, try updating your Windows Redistributables, as per the info here:

Let us know how you go!

I ran the file and still get the same TTS-1 error message.

54 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

Yeah, very weird. In all of the machines I've installed CbB/SONAR, etc. on, I've never seen that.

Can you tell us a bit about your computer? What OS? Is it fully patched?

I assume this is the 2022.11 CbB installer, yeah?

What is CbB?

Don't know what the 2022.11 CbB installer is.

This might be an issue that @Noel Borthwick will understand what that error message is pointing at.  Like Tim I have installed dozens of versions of both Cakewalk and Sonar and that's never happened. Could be a C++ issue.

The TTS-1 has been causing issues for many users for a few years now so is is best not to have projects depend on it. I would hate to see it totally stop working because I use it to pre view downloaded midi files. If I keep the file I immediately replace all the instruments with much better sounding VST's. But I might leave TTS-1 in the project just for weird things the composer used like the helicopter.

My guess is that something blocked the install somehow and some component didn't get registered properly.

Some computer specs would help - what version of Windows, what version of Cakewalk, etc. What other software is installed? Was there any kind of antivirus or anti-malware running? (Even Windows Defender)

Let's eliminate some variables first so we can zero in on a plan.

I had that problem (I think it was the same message) with my old Win 7 then Win 10 PC but just tried it on my new Win 11 one and it seems to work ok now. It is a fairly common problem - some people have suggested opening CbB as Admin which didn't work for me). There may be other workarounds if you search for TTS-1 in this forum.

Good luck!

That supports my guess that something blocked part of the install, and would have been my next suggestion. The reason I asked about your environment was that this could happen again, so it's good to know what caused the issue. Glad you got it sorted!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 11:42 AM, tdehan said:

I installed Bandlab Cakewalk on a second PC yesterday and when I go to launch a project I get the message: Cakewalk TTS-1 cannot open registry error.  

I checked that TTS-1.dll is indeed in the Program Files\Cakewalk\Sharred DXi\TTS-1 folder.   How do I fix this?

Thanks

TTS-1.png

That error is coming from TTS1 directly. I suspect you may have a registry permissions issue where something is blocking write access to the registry.
Have you tried running as an administrator?

EDIT: I see that a reinstall fixed it. Likely something blocked it from installing properly. (AV perhaps)