Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra

cclarry

In partnership with BBC Studios and the world-famous BBC Symphony Orchestra, Spitfire Audio has finally been able to capture what no other sample library has before: a family of astoundingly accomplished players that has shared the stage for thousands of hours, whose musical telepathy and 90-year heritage of performances and recordings is a national and international treasure.

BBC Symphony Orchestra has been expertly recorded by the Spitfire team at London’s famous Maida Vale Studios — home of the BBCSO, and host to The Beatles, Hendrix and Bowie. Our most expansive and ambitious project to date, this landmark library is the stuff of composing dreams: strings, brass, woodwind and percussion, all housed inside our award-winning standalone plugin.

Product available October 24th. Introductory offer ends November 7th.

$749 intro price

Pre-order here
https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/bbc-symphony-orchestra/?om_campaign=omme_03255e51-0cd_11633_34107&om_send=90fb62916727423a89885527fb4c9615&utm_campaign=omme_03255e51-0cd_bbc_announce_27th_august_2019&utm_content=variation_a&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ometria

I don't think there is any effect due to competition among orchestra sample libraries.  It's not like normal businesses in that way.  Companies really aren't one uping each other for our benefit.  Otherwise prices would be a lot lower.

I don't like their player,  it's not very good really.  If this were a Kontakt instrument I might have to think about it, but I'm punting any of their own sampler based libraries for now.

• Like 1