8DIO Adagietto Ensemble Strings - Just $30 Today Only

cclarry

2 hours ago, Steve Madden said:

If you send a message to support, they'll send you an invoice for adagietto for free and adagio for $8. I did it through their chat on their website a few days ago. 

Worked. Thank you very much! 😃

5 hours ago, stony said:

I have Anthology Strings, but currently 8DIO charges $148 for the Adagietto Ensemble Strings... 😥

4 hours ago, Steve Madden said:

If you send a message to support, they'll send you an invoice for adagietto for free and adagio for $8. I did it through their chat on their website a few days ago. 

I just chatted with 8Dio and was told ...

Hawk: Hello there.  Everything in adagio and adagietto is in anthology.
Me: Okay, so no reason to purchase or download these correct?
Hawk: Not specifically no

Edited by Fwrend

23 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

image.png.0657c7264c2c4cbc627b9852f64276b3.png

Not True. The history of these libraries is long, confusing and convoluted, however, there is a lot of cool stuff in the "original" adagio. There are many more variations of the arcs in the original adagio, but at a cost of a lot of hard drive space. You may need to clarify with them that you are looking for the original Adagio content, that they no longer sale. That's what I did and for a small charge of $8 they will provide it for you, assuming you already own Anthology. The nice thing about Anthology or the more recent Adagio 2.0 series (an update and cleanup to the "sound" of Anthology - see what I mean about being confusing?) is the interface overhaul to make composing easier and more streamlined. The original Adagio was a bit of a mess in that every instrument was a bit of its own interface without a streamlined workflow, however the number of Arcs were abundant and pretty cool. Anthology and Adagio 2.0 was stripped down to 2 arcs along with only 2 types of legatos, whereas the original had more than that, depending on the instrument. For overall composing, I think the new interface is much better, but every once in a while when you're looking for something unique, it's worth having the old Adagio.

PS- you migh also be able to get  the newer Adagio 2.0 series as well for a small surcharge if you ask. It's basically the same interface and recordings as Anthology but supposedly more cleaned up "sound" (less muffled) compared to Anthology

Edited by Patrick Derbidge
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to clarify the history of these libraries.

First, there was Adagio. It contained solos and ensembles and multiple legatos and multiple arcs.

Then there was Adagietto, which was just the ensembles from Adagio.

Then there was Anthology, which was a new interface for Adagio to streamline workflow. They kept 2 of the "best" legatos and arcs and dumped the rest. 

Then there came Adagio 2.0 to address the complaint that some of the processing to the recordings in Anthology was too heavy handed and made it more muffled sounding, and so Adagio 2.0 was born and I believe that is the only difference from Anthology but I'd have to check them side by side to be 100% sure but close enough and I'm to lazy to check 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Again, through chat:

"Actually, only a couple of very specific legatos were not carried forward.  Over 95% of the same content is still there."

They did send me an invoice for Adagio 2.0.  Thanks again for the info!

EDIT: and, Adagietto is now in my account ☺️

Edited by Fwrend

6 hours ago, Fwrend said:

Hawk: Hello there.  Everything in adagio and adagietto is in anthology.
Me: Okay, so no reason to purchase or download these correct?
Hawk: Not specifically no

That's odd... Hawk is who I spoke with and they were very forthcoming about the free crossgrade.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Fwrend said:

Again, through chat:

"Actually, only a couple of very specific legatos were not carried forward.  Over 95% of the same content is still there."

They did send me an invoice for Adagio 2.0.  Thanks again for the info!

EDIT: and, Adagietto is now in my account ☺️

I think it's less than 95%. For example, I'm looking at the two instruments side by side and in the Cello ensemble patch alone - The original Adagio has 7 legato types and Anthology has 3.

Here are the names of the ones in Adagio Cello Ensemble patch (the old adagio)

Legato Cantabile

Legato Dolce

Legato emo Slur

Legato Instinct

Legato Perdition

Legato Soft Slur

Legato Village

In the Cellos Anthology Ensemble Patch you get:

Legato 1

Legato 2

Sordino Legato

That's just comparing one patch and the Legatos only in the patch . There are also Arcs and Loure's and sustains and shorts that we can compare within that one patch.

Edited by Patrick Derbidge
  • Like 2