X-Fade Plugin by Grumpy Monkey (VST3, AU, Kontakt Multiscript)

cclarry

Great tip for beginner logic users (though i know most of y’all are windows), press “a” for automation and draw in a couple fader changes. Though tools like this and transmutator by jmg audio can save a lot of time with technical sound design moves, and can be useful live for transitions & what not. Maybe Zynaptiq morph if you’re looking to get fancy

Edited by dumbquestions

Hey all, happy to introduce myself. I make workflow tools. Time-savers. I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but some folks have common tasks they find themselves doing repeatedly, and might want tools to speed them up. 🙂

For instance, you can certainly recreate what X-Fade is doing by drawing in your volume. You'd want to taper it some, to get more of an equal-power crossfade (so the volume doesn't dip midway through). X-Fade just automates it for you, so you can perform it on the fly in real time (and it'll direct the midi data to each channel as well as the volume data). You also have more fine-tuned control over details like the shape of the curve it generates.

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 9.26.07 PM.png

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Monkey said:

Hey all, happy to introduce myself. I make workflow tools. Time-savers. I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but some folks have common tasks they find themselves doing repeatedly, and might want tools to speed them up. 🙂

For instance, you can certainly recreate what X-Fade is doing by drawing in your volume. You'd want to taper it some, to get more of an equal-power crossfade (so the volume doesn't dip midway through). X-Fade just automates it for you, so you can perform it on the fly in real time (and it'll direct the midi data to each channel as well as the volume data). You also have more fine-tuned control over details like the shape of the curve it generates.

Thanks for jumping in the thread! I think this is a super practical plugin, and has a great place in the toolbelt. I think it’s the micro time savers like this and making full use of keyboard shortcuts which result in creativity not being limited in the macro final product. While some automations can take time (long or short), it’s still time that can be saved, which all adds up down the road. And the fine tuning of the curve is a BIG plus. Keep it up!

Edited by dumbquestions
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Grumpy Monkey said:

Welcome.

• Like 1