Intel SSD6 1 & 2 TB SSD

cclarry

Look at the stellar reviews. I have had one of these, the 2TB, which has a much larger cache and higher read and write speeds than the 1TB and double the endurance, for about six months. Not having to compromise on storage capacity with fast solid state drive capacity on a laptop is a joy.

Buy a heatsink though. I don't have any heat issues because I fitted one (stable at about 40 degrees C). You can't expect to write ten or twenty gigabytes of data to a tiny M.2 drive in very little time and not expect it to get hot, especially in a laptop. You don't want to risk thermal throttling.

I'm actually anticpating the purchase of those for a fututur lenovo extreme ...so my 2tb sata's will not be used  ....those intel looks great ...i had intels in the past and they were exellent ....that said i'm samsung all the way now and had zero issue with 6 drives so ..decisions ...

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

specifications look good but don't know much about reliability - price is excellent

My first SSD was an Intel.  It gave out at year 3 but has a 5 yr warranty.  Their RMA service has two options.  Ship it and they send you a new one.  They ship one to you for $25 and you send it back. They temporarily charge you the price of the drive and remove it when your drive returns.   So their support is good.

The drawback to an nvme is they use up two sata ports.   If you store a lot of stuff on a desktop I wouldn't want these.  They would be great for laptops.

I still don't have 100% faith in the durability of SSDs.  My biggest factor is RMA service. I can't roll with a cheap SSD and it craps out after 3 years and think it's only $30 a year.   I still have WD Blue HDDs that still run,  9800GT card, all 3 M Audio Deltas. that still run.   So with SSDs, warranty and RMA are my top concerns.