Love Hurts (Full Cover)- Female Duet Added

Ross Smithe

**7/24 UPDATE- Female duet added!  Fabulous female vocal part laid down by my good friend and long time duet partner Tone Hjelt from Oslo, Norway. Hope you enjoy our collaboration!

Full recreation cover of Love Hurts, inspired by the Gram Parsons/Emmylou Harris duet version. Just my vocal so far, hoping for some female collaborators to cover Emmylou's part.

Edited by Ross Smithe
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Lovely mix, guitar tone is sweet and the vocal is extremely good. I hope you find your duet partner to complete the song as you intend - please post a version if you do.

Great stuff

Andy

Thanks so much for the listen and for your kind words. Appreciate it very much!

On 7/19/2023 at 6:37 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Guitar tone is excellent - how did you record that?

I thought very well sung as well

Cool

Nigel

Hey Nigel, thanks for listening! On the guitar tone question, I actually used Ample Guitar VST, and played the part on a keyboard (not a guitarist, lol!). Encouraging it sounds authentic, that's my goal obviously. Coming from you it means a lot, thanks!

• Like 1

Ross,

Had listened to your solo version, which I thought was good, but was waiting for your collaboration to comment.    The duet version is really superb, your voices blend well and the harmonies are excellent.   Well done.    

Regards

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Nicely done, just right pan on the vocals to give separation without them not being together.  Mix sounds nice here.

Yes it does, especially when......

Hey Wookie, thanks for the listen! Appreciate the feedback as well 👍🎶🎶🎶

7 hours ago, markno999 said:

Ross,

Had listened to your solo version, which I thought was good, but was waiting for your collaboration to comment.    The duet version is really superb, your voices blend well and the harmonies are excellent.   Well done.    

Regards

Hey Mark, thanks so much for the listen (twice!) and for the feedback. Really appreciate it!