Cherry Audio Octave Cat Synth

cclarry

The last synth I got from them was the Dreamsynth (and a very good one is this BTW). From some time now I'm just expanding my Voltage Modular system with excellent new modules from Cherry, BFD and other manufacturers.

For closed architecture synths I have plenty of alternatives and I'm glad with them. But if I ever get a really god price on the latest synth stack I'll probably upgrade. But it must be way lower than my last $100 offer or, at least, include a bigger number of new synths.

Unhurried.

53 minutes ago, Sergio said:

. . . if I ever get a really god price on the latest synth stack I'll probably upgrade. But it must be way lower than my last $100 offer or, at least, include a bigger number of new synths.

Based on my shopping experience of the past several years, the synth stack has been cumulative and the upgrade price was based on what users previously purchased.

Around the same time as the Level Up Humble Bundle, CA announced an across the board Not For Resale / No Transfers Allowed policy.  The Bundle included the CA 2600, the Memorymode, and the PS_20 Synths. It is my understanding that those helped reduce the upgrade price of the Synth Stack in the past. 

So, who knows what they will do for any future Synth Stacks. Maybe they put those three synths into the low-cost bundle to help with a new Synth Stack marketing strategy, especially if they continue to offer upgrade prices based on previous purchases (which many will agree has been a benefit of investing in Cherry Audio products). 

Disclosure: I wasn't sure I'd be selling off some of my CA holdings in time for the August 1st transfer deadline, so I picked up the Humble Bundle (with duplicates of the 3 synths and VM Ignite which I don't need).  Not sure what I am going to do with those unredeemed HB codes. I might redeem the Galactic Reverb code; not sure.  Anyhow, I thought I should mention this because I am not totally unbiased when it comes to CA products.  😉 

Edited by User 905133
to add a Disclosure; fixed typo

18 hours ago, User 905133 said:

So, who knows what they will do for any future Synth Stacks. Maybe they put those three synths into the low-cost bundle to help with a new Synth Stack marketing strategy, especially if they continue to offer upgrade prices based on previous purchases (which many will agree has been a benefit of investing in Cherry Audio products).

Every Cherry Audio synth I have I bought directly from CA at promo release prices. And as I said I keep expanding my Voltage Modular collection. And I'm sure that the price rising for new synth releases reflects the cost to produce quality stuff. But for most of their new releases there is good competition from Arturia, GForce, uHe, Korg, Roland, etc and I have most of this other collections.

So unless they drop this prices in the future I'll stay with my current stuff. I already paid a lot for them and I see no point in buying alternative versions when what I have is already good enough. Well... unless it's cheap. And solely because I love synths.

The only CA releases I sometimes think about purchasing are the original designs like Sines for example. Maybe I'll get this on a sale outside the collection.

As I said... no hush.

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1