You Got the Way

RexRed

This could Easily be a new genre for you. Fantastic job ! The vocals were very convincing and heart felt. But for me , the main vox felt a little confined. I think it could be a little wetter and pushed more to the front. Not sure about the Barry White type narration. I'd try replacing it with some more scat , ooh aah stuff. You mean everything in the world to me ..(you do).   Hope you don't think I'm getting too picky.             I Loved the song            mark

• Like 1

Wow! Thanks for all of the great comments Cakewalk peeps!

I felt like I was stepping way outside my comfort zone making this song. 

When I took out the Barry White "adlibs" I call them, I still heard them in my head in those parts, so I went back with using them.

What next? lol

Edited by RexRed

I have had some people purchase this song and I just wanted to let them (whoever it was) know that there is a new version of this song now and you can redownload it.

Sometimes vocal rider can totally wreck a vocal track and sometimes it can be the only thing in the world that can fix a vocal.

That is the case with this song I kept leaning into the vocals when I sang them in this song and it kept pushing my limiter in a really off way.

Vocal rider fixed a total headache I was having trying to get this song right.

Ya live and learn... 😁

Edited by RexRed