Pretty Good Day

PhonoBrainer

What a treat!  A song with a bit of a twist!  Your vocals perfectly deliver some interesting lyrics.  The music was perfect in delivering the "feel" of the song.  I love the horns and that bass sounds great.  The background comment add even more to the song.  The day might have been "Pretty Good"  but the song was great.  In fact I might say that it was more than "Adequate"!

Pretty Good song and production:)   Surprisingly didn't seem like a 6+ minute song.    Very well done and I like how you changed things up throughout to keep it interesting.   The guitar with the envelope effect on it at the end  fits well with other instruments you have in there.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 6:15 AM, mark skinner said:

Tom , All I can say is this was a "Brilliant" example of writing and performance.  Loved it ..  mark

Thanks Mark! Got this one out of my hair, now I can get back to that other one ;) . . . Appreciate the listen!

On 7/2/2023 at 7:18 AM, Wookiee said:

Very cool lyrics Tom, exceptional overall groove, I get the feeling there is a play on another song here.

Love it all 6:50, not many I say that to but this is good stuff, good recording, some nice playing mix works well here on the Adam's, nice bass almost but not quite squelchy, with an edge of fretlessness, what is the trumpet or horns?

:) :) :) :) 

I will say I had McCartney in mind during this one, but no clue as to a specific song. And I do think the bass could do with a .2db drop.

The trumpet is AudioModelling SWAM, and it plays along mixed with Hollywood Pop Brass .

So glad it held interest, thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything about this, the groove, the bass, the trumpet, the piano, the singing and lyrics was an absolute treat.  That's probably the most convincing trumpet vst I've heard, especially considering it was out in front and solo at a couple points.  The vibrato on it was really well done.  I'm curious how hard it was to program.

Outstanding job.

Jeff