I’m excited about this one…

David Rossi

Hi David, very nice, good tune and vocals. I can't give you mix advice , don't have decent monitors, but the distorted guitar power chords are competing with your vocals imho, maybe more of a rhythm pattern than long power chords. 

Rik

23 hours ago, Rikkie said:

Hi David, very nice, good tune and vocals. I can't give you mix advice , don't have decent monitors, but the distorted guitar power chords are competing with your vocals imho, maybe more of a rhythm pattern than long power chords. 

Hey Rikkie, thanks for the listen and suggestions.  Oddly I have another set of guitars takes that are muted that are more chunky / rhythmic and I still feel it fights a little.  I dropped the eq of the guitars a little in that low tenor range and they seem to fit a little better.  Still not quite there…

Edited by David Rossi

Great pop rock tune, vocals and melody are very well done . . . it's got good dynamics too, starts intimate, and gets big and powerful, especially like the way you've used acoustic and electric guitars to get those those dynamics . . . great to listen to on my headphones, I'll certainly try some speaker listens tomorrow, see how it translates . . .

8 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

A Really good track - personally not keen on the transition with the acoustic guitar at the start (14secs) - sounds a bit forced, but your track so your choice

Apart from that arrangement great

Cool

Nigel

Haha It is questionably predictable and yes, forced, but when building drama early on it tricks your ears into thinking that first all in is way bigger than it is.  Dichotomy is the only reason it’s there…

13 minutes ago, daryl1968 said:

really nice song David - mix sounds good here. 

Thanks man!  It’s coming to together 

Excellent. I'd say the mix is virtually perfect. The only part that I'm wondering about is the first electric guitar introduction. You hit the sweet spot for it the second time it appears, maybe take the first appearance down a dB or so. Great song, vox, performance, recording. Listened on my Yamaha 5.1 system. Cheers🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 7/3/2023 at 5:27 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

This sounds like a polished mix to my ears!  I love the song, the arrangement, and the vocals,  I've heard thousands of songs in my life that don't hold a candle to this.  Well done!

Thanks man.  This came together nicely and hopefully we’re doing it justice.  

On 7/3/2023 at 6:15 PM, Larry T. said:

Excellent. I'd say the mix is virtually perfect. The only part that I'm wondering about is the first electric guitar introduction. You hit the sweet spot for it the second time it appears, maybe take the first appearance down a dB or so. Great song, vox, performance, recording. Listened on my Yamaha 5.1 system. Cheers🎶🎶🎶🎶

Larry, the first chunky E-guitar when the second verse comes in or that first pre chorus blow up???

Thanks for the mix comments, I’ve wondered how the reverbs are sitting on the vox as well.  I never quite feel like I’m finished 😂

3 hours ago, David Rossi said:

Larry, the first chunky E-guitar when the second verse comes in or that first pre chorus blow up???

Thanks for the mix comments, I’ve wondered how the reverbs are sitting on the vox as well.  I never quite feel like I’m finished 😂

From 1:10 to 1:41. Listened again and it sounds fine. A matter of personal taste.