The delusional world of Timex Sinclair.

craigb

I mean, really?  Hard to run ANYTHING on 1 KB(!) of RAM, ya?  😁

I actually used one back in the day... Had to be 1982 or earlier!  I was able to create music with it as well!  (As long as it was a song that consisted of just the <ctrl>G beep... 🤣)

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

I started out on a 1K ZX81 - I got a good year and a half's joy out of it before I got a 48K ZX Spectrum (which also, BTW was my first 8 track MIDI sequencer using the Cheetah MIDI interface).

If you want to see a feat of 1K engineering,  take a look at ZX 1K Chess - almost a full chess implementation in 1K (you can't castle or promote to queen):

https://users.ox.ac.uk/~uzdm0006/scans/1kchess/

I was quite find of my old TI 99 computer. I remember programming animated sequences line by line in machine language. I didn't have the BASIC expansion cartridge. They call those complicated animatuons animated GIFs now I think.

On 6/19/2023 at 5:47 PM, craigb said:

I mean, really?  Hard to run ANYTHING on 1 KB(!) of RAM, ya?  😁

I actually used one back in the day... Had to be 1982 or earlier!  I was able to create music with it as well!  (As long as it was a song that consisted of just the <ctrl>G beep... 🤣)

The Atari guys had 192 bytes and you're complaining about 1 KB...

Kids these days...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The Atari guys had 192 bytes and you're complaining about 1 KB...

Kids these days...

Well, the Atari "I" had was their gaming system back in 1977, but you couldn't program that...  That said, I still feel I could have produced something more enjoyable with those 384 nibbles than Kanye ever did!  😆

😜