Just have to say . . .

Honestly, do people have to jump on one another. This isn't a barroom, yet some people come for a fight. It is absolutely ridiculous that posts get hijacked by some who only know how to bully other members' thoughts. This recently took place in the post about the new Next and Sonar products. 

I use Cakewalk to produce music. I use the forum to help me make this music. Usually, bullies aren't very good at anything except being bullies, so I am taking a leap that they aren't very good musicians. Bring down someone else since you can't bring much to the table. I don't want to shame these people, but maybe (very discretely) they need to be put in a time out for a couple of months.

There are some people here who I think are quite brilliant, fine thinkers, technology experts, and superb musicians. I'd rather hear from them.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

43 minutes ago, Michael Richards said:

Honestly, do people have to jump on one another. This isn't a barroom, yet some people come for a fight. It is absolutely ridiculous that posts get hijacked by some who only know how to bully other members' thoughts. This recently took place in the post about the new Next and Sonar products. 

I use Cakewalk to produce music. I use the forum to help me make this music. Usually, bullies aren't very good at anything except being bullies, so I am taking a leap that they aren't very good musicians. Bring down someone else since you can't bring much to the table. I don't want to shame these people, but maybe (very discretely) they need to be put in a time out for a couple of months.

I used to moderate a forum with a feature where someone could see their own posts, but no one else could aside from admins. When the "bullies" didn't get responses to their trying to stir things up, they became frustrated, and just left of their own accord.

Banning people is only a temporary solution, because they can re-register under a different user name. As you said, "some people come for a fight." If no one fights them, their incentive to fight goes away. The only way I know of to deal with bullies is simply not to take the bait. 

• Like 3

In another thread one member took a handful of my words out of context thereby distorting the totality of my post.  Since this thread seems to be responding to that thread, I feel obligated to comment.

I would encourage everyone who is genuinely concerned about the issue raised by this rather unfortunate thread to read all of the previous posts of the person who elevated a few of my words into a major issue.  Perhaps you will see other negative posts.  In fact there is at least one that shows the member to be fond of playing word games (verbal sport) in order to dramatically criticize Cakewalk/SONAR for the purpose of getting attention.

It was disheartening to have my words used in such a way to intentionally provoke conflict. It is even worse to be called a bully as part of this attempt to rekindle a conflict that wasn't a barroom brawl.

This is the level of argumentation in a discussion sustained, supposedly, by adults. Ones that seem to not have the emotional control or maturity of a, well, adult.

Shouldn´t this behavior be checked by moderators? Are there moderators in this thread?

Maybe they are busy somewhere else, trying to get other things in to people´s heads. As long as "nobody messes with MY daw!", guess everything goes.

Let the display of... "wittiness"... keep on going. [emphasis added]

Since you took a very small part of my reply and chose to focus on that alone, I have nothing more to say to you.

My intent was sincere; however, in light of this new thread, I just cannot remain silent. 

The person allegedly bullied who wrote this:

Let the display of... "wittiness"... keep on going.

is not innocent of using "wittiness" and other forms of verbal confrontation and drama:

Sadly, I can see this as being an inevitable path for everyone that would like to use CbB as a serious hybrid mixing tool. We will all end up migrating elsewhere. So far, for me reaper seems a viable alternative, it can even open most CbB projects directly. Would rather keep supporting and working in CbB, though. But it just won´t be possible.

And also sad, is that the problem is still not being addressed by anyone on the developing staff.

Again, this has been going on for more than thirteen years. Multiple request have been made in this time span. Not a single serious response from anyone. Not a timeline, nothing.

Lots of other features that cater for composition and midi work. Lots of other requests get responses and feedback from developers. Barely nothing for audio work.  And lets not get started on multitouch support, GUI resizing support, routing menu organization, and some other stuff.

Remember, when Cakewalk made the jump from only midi, it called itself Cakewalk PROAUDIO.

I wonder were the PRO part went, as it seems to have been left behind for the serious audio work. [emphasis added]

I stand by my original posts.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typos
  • Like 2

• scook locked this topic