I Copied 5 Pedal-Chains from this RARE VINTAGE BOSS Booklet (Does it sound like the artist?)

Old Joad

I have a Blackstar amp that has a lot of stuff built in. I use a little laptop to control it using the Insider software. It's cool.  Sounds great in the studio..  But then I go and do a gig I always end up using my stomp boxes because they are so bullet proof and the Blackstar does not cut it for some reason.  I put my pedal board up on a my table I use and that way I can dial in the changes on the fly.  It put it where my right hand can reach and smash the on /off buttons. I use the Blacksatr as the Amp  right now because my 68 Fender Princeton needs an overhaul.  But Every time I've tried to use anything else it always flops on it's face. 

I think it's the Latency of digital. A Tube amp responds to your pick attack immediately.  

The formula that works is   Humbuckers- Basic stop boxes - Tube Amp- Mike into PA.   I'm sure a Kemper would be good but I'm not paid that much. 

Edited by JohnnyV
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

There's always the Ironheart SLS with its 300W of power amp and a tube pre stage.

I am sort of a 20 watt guy. And 20 Lbs.  The whole idea behind this modelling stuff is to do away with a guitar amp.  I think it sort of works better for people who use a lot of distortion and effects. The tones that always miss the mark are the Tube Overdrive as used in the Blues. Basically any older Fender  tube Amp cranked to 11.  It's not a distorted overdrive it's just fat and smooth. Smaller amps  work the best as that lowers the stage level .  Funny you mentioned Laney because I traded my Laney 100 watt head for my G&L Tribute Astat. It was from 1994 all tube. Made a great Bass amp too.  

13 minutes ago, JohnnyV said:

I am sort of a 20 watt guy. And 20 Lbs.  The whole idea behind this modelling stuff is to do away with a guitar amp.  I think it sort of works better for people who use a lot of distortion and effects. The tones that always miss the mark are the Tube Overdrive as used in the Blues. Basically any older Fender  tube Amp cranked to 11.  It's not a distorted overdrive it's just fat and smooth. Smaller amps  work the best as that lowers the stage level .  Funny you mentioned Laney because I traded my Laney 100 watt head for my G&L Tribute Astat. It was from 1994 all tube. Made a great Bass amp too.  

The Ironheart SLS is only slightly larger than the 4 button footswitch it comes with, which is the same one that comes with the full size Ironheart, as it's the same circuitry:

image;s=1008x756

• Like 2

Just now, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The Ironheart SLS is only slightly larger than the 4 button footswitch it comes with, which is the same one that comes with the full size Ironheart, as it's the same circuitry:

image;s=1008x756

OK got it, when I googled it, the pictures looked like items that were sort of like PA power amps and would weigh 80lbs. SO can you run that without a speaker cab, like in the studio? 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyV said:

OK got it, when I googled it, the pictures looked like items that were sort of like PA power amps and would weigh 80lbs. SO can you run that without a speaker cab, like in the studio? 

Yes. You can also use it with full range speakers thanks to the TRS/Speakon connector.

laney_ironheart_irt-sls_back.jpeg

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Like 2