How to identify envelope

On several tracks that I have spent hours tweaking, there are envelopes that I cannot identify. The green one you see here that moves a good bit, for example. I have chosen every possible envelope from the automation selector, and none of them activate this envelope. Since there are some odd things happening on this track, I would like to know if this mystery envelope is the problem. Is there some way to identity all envelopes on the track?

image.thumb.png.c138b18fc22b7639a87c768a13a9d53f.png

The colours are found if you open the lane and open the option dialogue boxes you can choose custom colours etc. open the lane hold the mouse on a lane and choose delete envelope.  
I’m pretty sure envelopes can’t hide.
Are you sending the track to a bus? 

You could always export the track or bounce and exclude all effects and automation and that way use a new track location

Edited by John Vere

To delete a phantom envelope, Shift+click on the envelope (to give it focus), then right-click the envelope and select "Delete  Envelope" in the popup menu.

One way a phantom envelope can be created is if you draw an automation envelope for a plug-in and then delete the plug-in without deleting the automation envelope first. The envelope then becomes "orphaned" and shows up in the track view even though it no longer controls anything.

To see which envelopes are orphaned, open Automation Lanes. The valid automation envelopes will move to the Automation Lane, leaving behind the orphaned envelopes. I don't know of a way to delete them all at once. You may have to Shift-click and delete them one at a time. But you should be able to see them all.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

To delete all envelopes for the entire track and not just per clip : select the whole track - then select EDIT  then  Delete special to select options but just choose envelopes.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, John Vere said:

The colours are found if you open the lane and open the option dialogue boxes you can choose custom colours etc. open the lane hold the mouse on a lane and choose delete envelope.  
I’m pretty sure envelopes can’t hide.
Are you sending the track to a bus? 

You could always export the track or bounce and exclude all effects and automation and that way use a new track location

I don't see an options dialogue box.

On 5/27/2023 at 9:01 PM, RBH said:

To delete all envelopes for the entire track and not just per clip : select the whole track - then select EDIT  then  Delete special to select options but just choose envelopes.

There isn't an option for just deleting envelopes. I can delete track automations, but that doesn't delete the envelopes.

I was on my phone so I said the wrong thing, sorry, deleting an envelope only removes one envelope.  CLEAR ALL deletes the entire lane. And a closer look at your screen shot it seems all you have is a Volume and a Pan judging by the colours. 

Screenshot (1221).png

Edited by John Vere