Creative Sauce - We need to talk.

Old Joad

26 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Why make music when nobody cares?

"If I tell you the next piece of music you make it's not gonna play in the radio, nobody will listen to it - your friends, family - no one will notice or listen to it, would you still do it? And if the answer is anything but a clear and concise 'yes,' then maybe you shouldn't because you don't want to. You must make music because you have to and you must have no expectations because, in the end, expectations are nothing but stress. And when you have no stress, you can do anything. And eventually your craft will find its audience." - Steve Vai

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

"If I tell you the next piece of music you make it's not gonna play in the radio, nobody will listen to it - your friends, family - no one will notice or listen to it, would you still do it? And if the answer is anything but a clear and concise 'yes,' then maybe you shouldn't because you don't want to. You must make music because you have to and you must have no expectations because, in the end, expectations are nothing but stress. And when you have no stress, you can do anything. And eventually your craft will find its audience." - Steve Vai

All through history people did music for personal enjoyment.   I always like to see younger kids in a Guitar Center that have yet developed a music ego testing out an instrument.  Even those of us who are not guitar players tend to be shy.  These days since I know the feel of a PRS wide fat I just grip the neck without taking it off the wall.  

Unfortunately I see more people getting less involved in wanting to play an instrument but prefer to be listeners.  People want to play that on our push button way of creating music but I think there is a lot more competition on how people deal with their time. 

The world gets to see the finished product but never the steps taken to get there.

• Like 1

For me getting out and playing my originals in front of totally unknown audiences and getting a good response makes it all worth it. Locking yourself in a studio is not how you get known or any appreciation. There is still a whole world out there that loves to hear something other than those same old cover tunes. And they seek it out as live music, not recordings. Try it, you'll like it. 

With the zillions of recording I've made both of my own and clients very little of it went beyond a small handful of people listening to it. I've think it's the nature of the beast. Without a proper record label behind an album or song release it will be doomed to obscurity for sure.  And now the game is changing and instead of record labels we have a new type of Vulture asking for money to make your song a hit. Ya right. I bet they get enough suckers to make it profitable.  $22.95 x  1,000 suckers  =$ 22,950.00 not a bad annual income. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 2