Native Instruments doesn't work properly

Favio

I recently installed ASIO4ALL because I was getting no sound from my daw When putting Kontakt or Komplete Kontrol It works if I only play the midi track but with vocals and effects pluggins It stops souding. Cakewalk only display ASIO and when I pick it It says that is not compatible I understand to generate sound is a intensive task and WASAPI is not suitable for it Is there any other driver for laptop integrated sound cards?

Edited by Favio

The short answer is...no

Uninstall ASIO4All

One of the WASAPI modes may be suitable for now. Try all the modes before dismissing them.

The ultimate solution is acquiring a purpose-built audio interface with a manufacturer supplied ASIO driver. This is especially true for VI users.

• Great Idea 3

Try the WASAPI modes - they work for me on a PC with an internal soundcard - you may need to redirect your Master output in each project as I did after using ASIO4All for many years. Took me a while to figure out that that was why I wasn't getting any sound

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scook said:

The ultimate solution is acquiring a purpose-built audio interface with a manufacturer supplied ASIO driver. This is especially true for VI users.

I have a focusrite solo and I try with It but still  says doesn't support ASIO I guess is using the internal sound card

16 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Try the WASAPI modes - they work for me on a PC with an internal soundcard - you may need to redirect your Master output in each project as I did after using ASIO4All for many years. Took me a while to figure out that that was why I wasn't getting any sound

I'm using WASAPI and getting no sound I've to freeze the tracks with NI instruments to get sound 

OK, if the drivers are properly installed then try

1. changing the driver mode to ASIO in CbB Preferences > Audio > Playback and Recording
  2. selecting the focusrite device in Preferences > Audio > Devices and
  3. verifying the entries in Preferense > Audio > Driver Settings
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, scook said:

1. changing the driver mode to ASIO in CbB Preferences > Audio > Playback and Recording

That's the setup that I used a while back when I got my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Should work fine!

18 hours ago, Favio said:

I did all the set-up that pop-up

Did you download the Focusrite ASIO drivers from their website?  If not, do this. Windows will not automatically install the ASIO drivers, only the class compliant WDM/WASAPI drivers.

8 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Did you download the Focusrite ASIO drivers from their website?  If not, do this. Windows will not automatically install the ASIO drivers, only the class compliant WDM/WASAPI drivers.

I guess I do I can record and listen I followed the instructions in the web browser for the set up

On 5/4/2023 at 11:19 AM, scook said:

a warning pop up when selecting ASIO in Cakewalk I've done what you say and tried anyway and can't play the project because audio drop-out

The warning said something about inestability and If I wanted to change to WASAPI since I clicked no It doesn't pop up again 😧

4 minutes ago, Favio said:

a warning pop up when selecting ASIO in Cakewalk I've done what you say and tried anyway and can't play the project because audio drop-out

The warning said something about inestability and If I wanted to change to WASAPI since I clicked no It doesn't pop up again 😧

Pretty hard to quess what is going on with interpreted messages and no idea how the software is actually configured. 

You may want to start posting images of any errors and the three Preference > Audio screens I identified above.

That said my best guess is ASIO4All is still installed. 

55 minutes ago, scook said:

Pretty hard to quess what is going on with interpreted messages and no idea how the software is actually configured. 

I no longer get the warning what can I do to make it pop up again?

On 5/5/2023 at 3:45 PM, John Vere said:

You obviously didn't watch my tutorial on how to install and use an Audio Interface yet. If it's a language issue let us know and we'll try and help. 

ok I watched the part 7:48 was hard to heard. In my reg editor I don't have any ASIO and the sound now that I'm getting from my audio interface is poor and still getting audio drop-out with NI instruments but the vocals in the daw sound good thought not like youtube