Melda Referral Codes (Discounts for new customers)

User 905133

Recently an informative thread announcing and discussing the latest Melda Production Sale was closed.

I assume it was closed as part of a policy that in part seeks to keep commercial vendors from posting sales for their businesses.  I agree that the recent proliferation of vendors posting advertisement  (especially for sales) was getting to be a bit much and I  supported the efforts to stem the proliferation.

Posted Friday at 02:33 PM:   Sharing of anything that you profit from is not permitted. Period. 

However, I think Cakewalk users (past and preset) as well as others who use the forum should be able to get the additional discount for first time purchases from Melda Production. So, here's my referral coupon / code:

MELDA2226715

PLEASE NOTE:  I will not profit in any way from a new Melda Customer using the code.  If fact, I verified this.

Question:   I have the Melda Complete Bundle. Can I give out my referral number so new Melda Purchasers can get a discount?

Answer:      Yes, you can share you referral number as you want. However, as you own the MCompleteBundle you won't be able to use your Melda credits anymore.

I have nothing to gain.  I will not profit from anyone using my code.  I  suspect that there are others here in a similar position. 

BUT:  I don't mind in the slightest if other Cakewalk users earn referral credits they can use.  So if you have the codes from other Cakewalk users, that's OK by me!

• Like 1

I didn't think that sharing codes by forum users, even if it's bringing some benefit for them too, has anything to do with "keeping commercial vendors from posting sales", therefore I personally was disappointed with that thread closure.

This is the deals forum, it should bring benefit for everyone, be it the customer or software developer. Ok, if the rules are excluding commercial activity then I suppose we can't do anything about it, but it would be nice to find a way for posting some small stuff like for example sales on presets, otherwise how can we learn about them? 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I didn't think that sharing codes by forum users, even if it's bringing some benefit for them too, has anything to do with "keeping commercial vendors from posting sales", therefore I personally was disappointed with that thread closure.

The policy in question is to prevent posts where the poster makes a profit from the links shared.
The policy does cut down significantly on the spamming this forum was getting hit with i.e. same deal constantly being reposted or updated so as to keep it on first page.  

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 2

11 hours ago, TheSteven said:

The policy does cut down significantly on the spamming this forum was getting hit with i.e. same deal constantly being reposted or updated so as to keep it on first page.

I don't recall this being an issue here, or if it was, it might just not have bothered me.

Anyway, I too am a MComplete Bundle licensee, so my MeldaProduction referral code is now safe from the taint of personal benefit. Well, except by anyone who uses it while making their first purchase. Really, though, PM someone who doesn't have an MComplete license and get their code. Not public, so no harm to the forum.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1