Can I embed an ISRC code into a wav or mp3 in CbB?

gmp

Yeah, sadly not in there currently, but I've sent over a few feature requests to expand the Markers or Arranger Track to include this stuff one day. Combining this with native DDP creation would save me a few trips outside of CbB for sure!

Edited by Lord Tim

i think the DDP has to be licensed from DCA so that might be an impediment for including it in freeware (although Reaper has it).  not sure. i'm a dinosaur so i have CD Architect and DVD  Architect tools from Sony 🙂 although being able to capture the metadata per track so combining it more easily would be a nice start...

Edited by Glenn Stanton

Yeah there's some (open source?) libraries that REAPER takes advantage of that lets them do DDPs. It's very clunky, but it works. Probably the best implementation I've seen is the Project page in Studio One. I'd love to see something like that in CbB one day!

• Great Idea 1

On 4/9/2023 at 10:36 AM, Lord Tim said:

Yeah, sadly not in there currently, but I've sent over a few feature requests to expand the Markers or Articulation Track to include this stuff one day. Combining this with native DDP creation would save me a few trips outside of CbB for sure!

Did you specifically ask for this feature? If so, thanks. Sound Forge is the only program I've found to embed an ISRC code into a wav or mp3, although I imagine there are others. I have CD Architect which can embed into songs for the CD and that's helpful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmp said:

Did you specifically ask for this feature? If so, thanks. Sound Forge is the only program I've found to embed an ISRC code into a wav or mp3, although I imagine there are others. I have CD Architect which can embed into songs for the CD and that's helpful.

Yes I did - my request was to add UPC/EAN into the Notes tab, and then expand the Markers (or Arranger sections) to include ISRC, composers, etc. like you'd find in most professional mastering apps. That way we could do a Mastering template over 2 tracks, and then drop markers at the start of song sections, and then  export that to DDP or each section to MP3 with the info baked in. Not quite as robust as CDA or Studio One, but it would be good enough for simple projects that you could do all in-house without needing to export out to other apps.

There's obviously a bit to think about by just using the regular Track View and the expanded Notes/Markers idea with proper redbook padding and doing automatic gaps and all of that kind of thing, so I'd say it'd take a bit of work to bake it properly rather than just doing a half-***** bolt-on job with it.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, gmp said:

I installed it. Is the comments section the best place to add the ISRC code? What do you do?

You can add a new column "ISRC" to the file view via View, Columns... for the field %isrc% and enter the data directly in Mp3tag's file view (by clicking on the items' column like renaming files in Windows Explorer).

The other option is to import the ISRC data from a file. There must be one ISRC code per line and the order of the ISRC codes in the file has to match the order of the files in Mp3tag's file view. You can use the converter Taglist-File - Tag with a formatstring like %isrc% for that.