[SOLVED] Bounce multiple tracks to 1 stereo track?

I must be missing something obvious...

Trying to bounce/combine multiple audio tracks into 1 stereo track - but I keep getting just a complete duplicate of all the selected tracks! What am I doing wrong / not understanding?

> I have a test song with 16 tracks (2 vocal, 14 instrument). Want to mix the 15 instrument tracks down to 1 stereo track, resulting in 2 vocal tracks and 1 instrument track (the 14 mixed down tracks).

1. Select all the instrument tracks
2. Go to Tracks/Bounce to Track(s)

image.thumb.png.de543a8077b7ff1ac8111428e49fe41f.png

I've got Track 17 as the destination and, to me, that means all get mixed down to one track - Track 17 (ie, it doesn't say new Tracks, it says new Track).

But the result is 14 added tracks (17-30)?

image.png.942fccfe199975605f2d6a39028bd113.png

I know I can export to a WAV and then re-import.

What am I missing?

So you have  "SELECT ALL" all the tracks  from zero seconds to however long your track is, i then use "EXPORT" to "Bounce" export to wav as a 24 bit 48khz track so i don't loose all that work if i need to change something, then drag and drop to a track or import in....   

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Setting the source to "Tracks" will bounce tracks individually, creating multiple separate bounces for each track.

Just set the source category to "Entire Mix" and select only the tracks you want to bounce together in sources.

Mark, if I set source to "Entire Mix" I only get my Focusrite in Sources:

image.thumb.png.8e7062159dd32a47f711b1f37cd4f1c2.png

3 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Route all to a buss. Then bounce from the buss. You can use an existing buss, just make sure anything you DONT want is muted. Kind of counter intuitive, but that’s how it works. 

t

DeeringAmps, that works - and you're sooo right - not intuitive at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sal Sorice said:

Mark, if I set source to "Entire Mix" I only get my Focusrite in Sources:

Either select the tracks before you go into the Bounce to Track(s) dialog, or click the chevron to the right of the sources - this will allow you to select tracks, and mute/solo them while in the dialog.  Remember to also select any Aux tracks if your tracks rely on them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Either select the tracks before you go into the Bounce to Track(s) dialog, or click the chevron to the right of the sources - this will allow you to select tracks, and mute/solo them while in the dialog.

Thanks Mark! I missed that sneaky Chevron hiding out on the right (in plain sight :^). That gives me all the options as well. Looks like both yours and DeeringAmps solution works. Thank you both - my Cakewalk education continues!

• Like 1

• Sal Sorice changed the title to [SOLVED] Bounce multiple tracks to 1 stereo track?
  • 6 months later...
On 4/7/2023 at 3:00 PM, msmcleod said:

Setting the source to "Tracks" will bounce tracks individually, creating multiple separate bounces for each track.

Just set the source category to "Entire Mix" and select only the tracks you want to bounce together in sources.

I've done exactly what you wrote, trying to bouncing 8 stereo tracks into 1 stereo track, but all I get is 8 bounced stereo tracks. It does not matter one bit if I select Source Category "Tracks" or "Entire Mix" or "Tracks Through Entire Mix"... it just wont bounce to one stereo track what ever I do.

I tried to select the tracks I want to bounce. I tried to solo them, and so forth. I've read somewhere that all other tracks must be muted. I got around 150 tracks in this project, I do not want to lose the mute settings, so muting is not an option.

Also, the correct tracks behind the "the chevron to the right of the sources" are correctly selected, but that does not matter. Still cannot succeed.

Selected channel format is "Stereo".

Why on earth can I not succeed to bouncing several tracks into one track in Cakewalk? What am I doing wrong?

In my fantasy it should not be more difficult than to simply selecting the tracks one want to mixdown/bounce to one track, go to the bounce dialogue and chose to "Bounce to one track" under the "Destination" pull down list. Instead of selecting "Bounce to several tracks" or something like that.

Are there some technical limitations to achieve this very basic feature?

Edited by pulsewalk

@msmcleod i give up. I've tried again, default settings as before, looks exactly like what you're doing in the video. This time it didn't bounce anything at all. I have no idea why. It seems very buggy. The display shows "Flushing 73 Plug-ins", then "Mixing down audio", then it seems to be done, but now there's not even generated a new track. Nothing is generated. Yesterday, at least I got 8 new generated tracks, even though it should've been only one. Not I get 0.

This is when I chose <136> New Track

I've also tried to chose an earlier, already existing, bounce track, to put it there. Same result. Nothing happens. Seems very buggy the whole thing. Always been for me. I'm running the latest and final version of CbB.

Edited by pulsewalk

Hit OK and all of the tracks will (should) get mixed down into a single track.
Presumably, you have all of your tracks routed to busses and all of the busses routed to 1 Master bus.

wtanu tv 4 bounced.jpg

Edited by 57Gregy
y and t too close together.

Why use bounce? Just create a mix and export it. Drag it back to the project. 
To create the mix you just mute the unwanted tracks. 
It this is not feasible because project is ridiculously large then create a sub bus and send the tracks you want mixed to that and mute all other buses. 
My  solution allows you to mix these tracks into a sub mix you can export and bring back. 

Edited by John Vere