Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

Posted (edited)

Association: When Mrs. Notes and I were gigging on a cruise ship, it would port in Cozumel every week.

We loved our audience, but it was nice to get away from the crowds once a week, so we would take the ferry or the waterjet to Playa Del Carmen.

This was before they decided to develop it and make it “The Mexican Riviera”. It was a sleepy little beach town.

It had one little 2 story hotel with great authentic Mexican food, a few tourist cottages a short walk away, and a nude beach a little further south. It also had some of the clearest water I've ever immersed myself in. Standing neck deep, I could still see every toe on my feet.

We would take the ferry on the way across, to be with the Mexican folks. It was full of great people, and even livestock like goats.

On the way back we took the waterjet, because it was quick and more dependable, and we didn't want to miss the ship.

Every week, all summer long, on the way back they would play this video by The Flans. It was about the same era as Bananarama, so I nicknames the Flans, “Plantainarama”. Well here is the video, and it brings back great memories.

So please indulge me while I reminisce.

No Controles (No Control)— The Flans

Edited by Notes_Norton
speling misteak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

Association: When Mrs. Notes and I were...

is this stretching the "association" part a little? it's several levels beyond a word that appears in both song titles haha

22 hours ago, pwal said:

Is this stretching the "association" part a little?

Yes, it doesn't have to be a word part of the title, but it should be an association. I suppose this one is more of a private association.

But I made the rules, so I guess it's only right that I am the first one to break the rules. :D

I Can’t Control Myself — The Troggs

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Yes, it doesn't have to be a word part of the title, but it should be an association. 

Well, ok, fine.  Whatever.

The Dub Funk Association - Pendulum Version

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

But I made the rules, so I guess it's only right that I am the first one to break the rules. :D

I think you'll find that I rewrote them.

We had a democratic election* and I was voted Supreme Ruler of the thread for life.

* One man, one vote. I was the man and I had the vote.

• Haha 1