Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

41 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

Ooh, I enjoyed that one.

Now listening to the album that's from. 

Had a chance to go back for a listen.  Now I'm trying to figure out who they sound like!  I had never heard of them before but, like Nigel, enjoyed that sample.  Kind of like 60's psychedelic meets surf punk.  Ok, that will bug me for awhile!  LOL.

Edited by craigb

7 hours ago, craigb said:

I'm LMAO! 😆

Decided to try a Music Map to see who they were like and... I don't recognize ANY of the bands around them either!!! 🤣

https://www.music-map.com/the+mystery+lights

Off Topic

I don't think it's claiming the music is alike. 

"People who like The Mystery Lights might also like these artists. The closer two names are, the greater the probability people will like both artists"

I recognised Sleaford Mods. I've even posted a couple of tracks by them in this thread. Here's another one:

Sleaford Mods - Jobseeker (live on Jools Holland)

And here's the track they did with Orbital (again)

Orbital & Sleaford Mods - Dirty Rat

Edited by Wibbles
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, craigb said:

Had a chance to go back for a listen.  Now I'm trying to figure out who they sound like!  I had never heard of them before but, like Nigel, enjoyed that sample.  Kind of like 60's psychedelic meets surf punk.  Ok, that will bug me for awhile!  LOL.

"nuggets" is the word you're looking for ;)

13 hours ago, craigb said:

I'm LMAO! 😆

Decided to try a Music Map to see who they were like and... I don't recognize ANY of the bands around them either!!! 🤣

https://www.music-map.com/the+mystery+lights

tbf, none of those bands sound particularly like them 🤷‍♂️ naughty map

you might enjoy the last couple of night beats LPs, the earlier king gizzard studio stuff, the earlier oh sees stuff, the earlier black angels stuff, first couple of mystic braves LPs...... i love a bit of 60s revival me :D

• Like 1

I appreciate that I may not be following on from the correct song, but it provided the opportunity to post something quite unpleasant.

Schoolmates with B*no, they took a somewhat different approach to their music. No plinky, plinky ad infinitum, this is truly horrible:

Virgin Prunes - Beast (Seven B*stard Suck) 

I have this in my vinyl collection. I have no idea how or why it got there.

Edited by Wibbles
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Wibbles said:

I appreciate that I may not be following on from the correct song, but it provided the opportunity to post something quite unpleasant.

Virgin Prunes - Beast (Seven B*stard Suck) 

By my reading, "prunes" keeps the chain. Here's my rationale:

• pwalpwal had extended the chain from explosion/exploding with dukes of stratosphear - my love explodes
  • and then with gene chandler - -duke of earl.
  • pwalpwal changed the association with a different gene-- gene clark - no other
  • I then did an intentional pivot on no (from no other) to Zappa's MOI song Oh No
    • which doubles as a reaction to pwalpwal's missing the opportunity to use a Zappa (MOI) tune
  • which I added: Duke of Prunes.

So, you continued the run with Prunes😉