Changing tempo will cause audio hiccup...

呂聖斐

3 hours ago, 呂聖斐 said:

I'll get an audio noise when the tempo changed.

You mean with just a tempo change in the tempo map? is it just one discrete change or a series of changes over a short period (which some people expect to be "smoother" but isn't usually musically necessary and can actually cause problems as Jonesey noted). What kind of noise? Is this just involving MIDI or also stretching-enabled audio clips?

Some plugins (mostly delays) can behave badly with tempo changes; otherwise should not be a problem in general.

Thanks every reply,

I only had one tempo change, not a series tempo change,

for exmple, from 87 to 92 at next measure, then i got the hiccup noise

i Only had one audio track vocal playback ,
no plugin, no any other time-sync plugin, but i had kontakt 7 for piano

my audio interface is RME HDSP AES32 buffer size 128

3 hours ago, 呂聖斐 said:

But in this case, If I export audio, I won't get the noise in the exported audio file,

So I think it's playback problem?

It seems so...

You could try changing your buffer size to 256 (500 would be better, but you will hear a delay when using your midi keyboard) - by the way, are you using ASIO drivers?

A lot of this playback issues comes from not using proper drivers (the one that comes with your specific audio card)

Thanks for debugging!

Yeah, I think it's the KONTAKT's NOIRE Piano problem, 

Maybe it do has the tempo-sync " FX, But Ididn't turn them on...

But If that's the point, I can't use plugins with tempo sync function... Mnnn... 
Of course like delay FX ,If you change delay time. I know it will cause"spaceship take off  FX" 

20 hours ago, bvideo said:

There is a chance that if you look deep into the Kontact piano, you might find an effect that is sensitive to tempo change. In any case, can you tell which track or bus produces the hiccup?

1 hour ago, 呂聖斐 said:

But in this case, If I export audio, I won't get the noise in the exported audio file,

So I think it's playback problem?

This is quite possible if using different online (real-time) and offline (fast-bounce) stretching algrorithms. When using the same algorithm for both, the difference will usully be more subtle. The Groove-Clip algorithm does not typically yield the best result overall for offline rendering, but it generally works well for online rendering and it's quality issues tend more toward distortion than "hiccups".

• Like 1