Cubase 12 40% Off

cclarry

Best Service crossgrade to Cubase 12 is $186.50.

I've been a user of Studio One for the past several years (started with 4 Artist,  added Artist Booster Pack, then 5 Pro).  Been intrigued by Cubase.  Any compelling features?

20 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It is the preferred DAW of MIDI Composers, due to its
extensive MIDI capabilities.

That was the leading capability of Cubase, Logic, and Cakewalk for years. Among the original MIDI sequencers...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALC said:

Best Service crossgrade to Cubase 12 is $186.50.

I've been a user of Studio One for the past several years (started with 4 Artist,  added Artist Booster Pack, then 5 Pro).  Been intrigued by Cubase.  Any compelling features?

+1 on extensive midi.   Plus the best integration with actual hardware if you have any.

When Sonar went under, I demoed Studio One and Cubase extensively before ultimately going  with Cubase.  Been with it since version 9.  

Cubase gets quite a bit of hate, mostly related to Steinberg, the licensing, and the GUI.  Some of it is well deserved.   Moving off of the dongle has been really nice, and getting a couple of instances per license has been great.  

My key needs were related to hardware synths and Midi - from my perspective, Cubase is unmatched in those areas.   If I didn't have those specific needs, I may have gone with Studio One.   I've flirted with it on occasion since, but I ended up getting FL Studio as a secondary DAW (i.e. something to waste time with).  

I'm dealing more and more with orchestral libraries, and some things like per note expression are amazing in Cubase.  

Thanks to a random post by @abacab a few months ago, I got a great deal on Dorico as well.   I'll definitely upgrade that to the full version during their next sale.  So much better than Notion, and the integration with Cubase, though not perfect, is really nice.

Edited by husker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, husker said:

When Sonar went under, I demoed Studio One and Cubase extensively before ultimately going  with Cubase.  Been with it since version 9.  

I tried the Studio One Pro and Cubase Elements demos at that time. Since I don't have external MIDI hardware other than my USB controllers hooked up these days, Studio One Pro was an easy decision. Cakewalk Sonar was my main rig when I used to have several external synths and a drum machine attached.

I went with the demo for Cubase Elements because it didn't require a dongle at that time. I probably could have got on with Cubase, but I was a little annoyed that I'd have to buy a dongle just to demo Cubase Pro. I think since MIDI hardware support wasn't my main concern, I actually preferred the more intuitive UI of S1.

Good to hear that Steinberg has moved off the dongle!